Author Topic: 8 wks - won't resettle after 2/3am feeding!  (Read 1029 times)

Offline Mommato2

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
8 wks - won't resettle after 2/3am feeding!
« on: February 18, 2014, 17:27:57 pm »
Hi all! I have been working with my DS to improve his sleep over the past 2 weeks. Things are improving, slowly.  Ever since he was born, we've struggled to re-settle him after night wakings.  Currently, I feed him at 7:00 pm and try to get him to bed at 8:00 pm. Dreamfeed between 10-11.  He then is up to eat again between 2 and 3.  After this feeding, he will not settle back to sleep. Some nights, he is WIDE awake for hours.  Other nights he'll go back to sleep easily but wake up after 30-60 minutes and then be up off and on until we get up for the day between 6:30-7:00.  I have been giving him his paci when he wakes between 3:00 and 7:00, which he takes, but he never transitions into a deep sleep. He grunts, groans, thrashes about (in a swaddle), cries out, etc. I am not sure what to do to help him go back to sleep after his feed and stay asleep.  Any help appreciated, as I'm getting quite tired.

On a good day, we follow a 3 hour EASY routine, beginning at 7:00 am and the last feeding at 7:00 pm.

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
Re: 8 wks - won't resettle after 2/3am feeding!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 12:30:11 pm »
e grunts, groans, thrashes about (in a swaddle), cries out, etc. I am not sure what to do to help him go back to sleep after his feed and stay asleep.

Hi hun, can you give us your EASY so we can see if maybe your routine needs a tweak? Also does he nap well during the day or does he have issues transitioning there too? Could it be a reflux issue?
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**