Author Topic: Ready for 3 meals?  (Read 1690 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: February 18, 2014, 21:12:36 pm »
My lo will be 8 minths at the end of February and I've been giving him 2 solid meals breakfast and lunch. Today his naps were awful and he would drain his 3 bottlea so far which he doesn't normally. Is he ready for 3 meals? Should u add a dinner? For breakfast I do 2-2.5 tbsp of multi grain cereal and 2 tbsp of fruit lunch I do 2 tbsp veggie 2 of fruit ( tiday I added in 1 tbsp of yogurt ). What should I give and how much for dinner. I don't want it to affect his night sleep but being to full or gassy. Thanjs

Offline anna*

• Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: Ready for 3 meals?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 21:25:38 pm »
Sure it's fine to add dinner. You can start giving him some protein now, you could do it at lunchtime for a few days if you're worried about his tummy, and do veggies and some carbs for dinner.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 21:56:39 pm »
Outside of fruits and veggies so far I've tried lentils and yogurt. Since I have him fruits veggies and yogurt at lunch I gave him yogurt and fruit at dinner. But how much should I give ? The same amount as breakfast and lunch ? I'm hesitant on the lentils at night because it did give him lose poop and a little gassy so I cut back on the amount and upped the veggies. Moving forward what might a good menu look like?  Thabks again

Offline anna*

• Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: Ready for 3 meals?
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 22:22:21 pm »
It's really just the same as a balanced diet for grown-ups. So maybe some oatmeal and fruit at breakfast; then for lunch (or dinner) maybe some chicken or beef with some veggies; then for dinner (or lunch) some more veggies and a different protein so maybe eggs or cheese or lentils plus maybe some rice or noodles. Do you have a weaning book? Something like Annabel Karmel has whole menu plans for days/weeks on end, so it's a great reference.