Author Topic: 8 month old standing up in crib  (Read 1211 times)

Offline embosu

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 22, 2014, 01:47:00 am »
Hi all- I recently came to you needing help with my triplets and their early wakings, I got such great advice, I'm back for more!
My daughter, who once was my best sleeper, has learned to pull herself up to standing in her crib. She is now my biggest problem.  She wants to climb all night long and is very difficult to put to sleep.  We have dropped her mattress as low as it will go, and are giving her lots of time to practice climbing during the day. However, she is still waking up multiple times at night for long durations.
I'd like to ignore her when she wakes up and let her sort it out herself, but she shares a room with her brothers, who wake up very easily.
Any advice for how to deal with this dilemma? Thank you in advance!

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: 8 month old standing up in crib
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 09:44:02 am »
I use a gro-bag, which kinda restricts DD's ability to get around too much (she still can but its a bit like crawling with a dress on.. she's not as fast!) and she still hasn't tried to stand up with it on. I was also using safe-t-sleep, which is a sleep wrap (you can google it, it was my lifesaver) but I started using it when she was much younger (I never swaddled and used the wrap instead) than your DD and she got used to sleeping with it. I recently took it away and continued to use the gro-bag and as I said before, she hasn't tried to stand up yet in it. Other than that, it really is just a phase and something she will get sick of doing eventually so you might have to ride it out.

She may also need a little more A time and a little less daytime sleep to sleep better at night :-\. What's her daytime routine like?

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline embosu

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 14:39:28 pm »
Thank you for the response!  She is in a gro-bag, one that is a size too small in an effort to restrict her movement even more, but she is pretty good at this climbing thing and it does not slow her down.  I was thinking you'd probably say that we'd just need to ride it out, these developmental milestones are tough to deal with : ) This disruption has been going on for a week as of today, I'm hoping that it's growing old soon.
We've been trying to soothe her back to sleep in her crib, but most nights she is too wound up and we move her to a pack n play (that she cannot stand up in) in another room and let her fuss without disrupting her siblings.  I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do or not, but I do anything to have only 1 awake baby instead of 3.
Our typical schedule is:
Up: 6a
  E: 6:30a- bottle 7:30a- solids
  A: 6a-9a
  S: 9a-10:30a (give or take 30min)
  E: 11a- bottle 12p- solids
  A: 10:30a-1:30p
  S: 1:30p-3p (give or take 30min)
  E: 3:45p- bottle 5:30p- Solids
  A: 3p-6:15p
BT routine and another bottle: 6:30p
  S: by 7p

Thank you again!

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: 8 month old standing up in crib
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 22:27:40 pm »
Her routine looks really good ;D...I don't think there's anything wrong with her sleeping in pack and play and as you said, you don't want all 3 up! Developmental milestones can be v tough to deal with... but hopefully she'll get tired of doing it and as you said before, just make sure you give her plenty of cot time during the day.

20/06/2012 - my angel baby