Author Topic: Why is my almost 6mo waking??  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Hollie-Mae

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 22, 2014, 10:53:16 am »
My dd has started waking at night and she has me stumped!! It's been the past four nights in a row now that she's woken at 9.30 after going to bed between 7.30 and 8. I've been assuming she's waking early for the dream feed so I've made her wait half an hour until the dream feed hour, fed her and put her back to bed. The first three nights she woke at 3am and resettled with her dummy. But last night she only took 4oz at 9.30 and then woke at 1.30 obviously hungry. I decided not to feed so as not to start a new habit and offered water instead, and after two hours of pu pd she ended up in bed with me as she kicked off every time she was pd. she has two lots of solids in the day and usually drinks 7oz per feed, has sttn since she was 4wo with many bumps along the way thanks to a recently diagnosed cmpa. I'm exhausted!! And stumped??

Offline Sarah - Enfys' Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 76
Re: Why is my almost 6mo waking??
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 11:54:57 am »
There is a growth spurt around six months.
When are you feeding solids and what has she had?

Offline Hollie-Mae

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 12:24:30 pm »
Oh really? I thought those had finished!!! She has porridge after milk in the morning and then homemade vegetables after lunch xx

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 16:09:00 pm »
If she's finishing all her bottles in the day and still waking for food at night it could definitely be a growth spurt.
There's no way I can get my dd to sleep if she wakes up hungry.

Offline Hollie-Mae

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 16:45:37 pm »
I have no idea what's going on with her, she's normally so predictable. She drank 5oz easily at 8.30 and fought the rest so I made porridge with the remaining 2oz, then we fought for an hour and half with the 12.30 bottle and only managed to get her to have 5oz, she just kept tightening her lips shut!! I wondered if she was full from breakfast so didn't give her lunch solids as I normally would, she's now fighting the 4.30 bottle!!! But this fighting is what happened last night and was why she ended up being hungry in the middle of the night! She also normally has two 1.5 hour naps after 2.45 A times, but has only had two 45 min naps! Argh!!! Going to be another night of hell but I have no idea why??

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 20:45:09 pm »
She's not teething?  Had her injections this week? 
I've sometimes had to go upstairs to the bedroom to feed Medi, there's so much to see downstairs sometimes.