Author Topic: almost 5m NW every 2 hrs for 3wks  (Read 4771 times)

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: almost 5m NW every 2 hrs for 3wks
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2014, 02:44:24 am »
Sorry to hear about that...I hope your DH manages to extend her nap!

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline larren

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2014, 23:34:58 pm »
Her nap lengths are getting shorter and shorter and even when she has a sufficient nap length, she seems restless and easily unsettled. The past two days one of her naps were only 1hr and today it was only 40 minutes! DH tries to settle her forum to 40m with no success. I've tried looking up the "45m nap intruder" but it seems to apply to younger babies. Could DD shorter naps be an indicator of being OT? Her A is around 2h30m-2h35m. Help :-\

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2014, 09:45:03 am »
Try shorter A times over the next few days if you feel she's getting overtired. When she woke up from the short nap, was she crying and it was obvious she needed more sleep or was she happy? Mine would wake and cry if she was overtired...

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline larren

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2014, 20:35:40 pm »
When she wakes from a short nap I leave her hoping she'll self settle and fall back asleep but she just stays in her bed looking around, after a few moments she starts talking to herself until I get her. 

I think part of the issue is how lightly she's sleeping. When she naps, the entire household has to be quiet and I have gotten so anxious and high strung because my 3 year old is doing what 3 year olds do. Today her morning nap was only an hour again and this time she awoke because my husband peed in the guest bathroom (TMI sorry). We already use a white noise machine and I've closed all of the windows in the bedroom so that outside noise doesn't come in. I honestly feel like I'm going crazy.

Does how deeply she sleeps depend on how UT/OT she is? How deeply she sleeps is fine at night but her naps is when her sleep seems easily disturbed.