Author Topic: Lunch and snack ideas for picky almost 11 months old  (Read 5395 times)

Offline AMJ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Lunch and snack ideas for picky almost 11 months old
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 20:02:04 pm »
Ok then I'll stick with 4bf for now but keep offering only 1 breast and see how she eats.

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2014, 22:37:53 pm »
thank you ladies!
Today, as I mentioned, I offered 1 breast instead of 2 an she ate a bit more for lunch. But again picking things she likes.

That is great! Still just things mixed into oatmeal?? The strategy I adopt with Olly is to start with something that I know he likes and then just do something SLIGHTLY different with it. Just to get a bit of variety. Only this evening I made a sauce to go on our pasta but put his in a little bowl on the side. I made his with yogurt and tomato sauce which are both things I know he likes - wouldn't touch it but I will persevere. One day I hope to have the sauce all over the pasta like DH and I had ours! Little steps x

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2014, 23:09:20 pm »
When my DS wouldn't eat meat or fish someone here suggested I try him with different foods at breakfast instead of later int eh day. now he'd had the same breakfast (baby muesli) for ever and I really feared switching that on him, I fully expected a melt down but yk what he just ate his egg omelet without a second thought. Just like that. From then on I gave protein breakfast of either egg or sausage just about every day for months and months whilst still offering other meats and fish at the later meals but knowing his quota for the day had been filled I didn't worry nearly so much about it (and gradually he took tastes of other proteins at other meals)
So that's my suggestion. Try switching up breakfast and instead of her regular oatmeal offer veg.  You never know she might just try it like my DS ate his egg?

Offline AMJ

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2014, 15:00:41 pm »
Buntybear,actually no, no oatmeal. :) I told myself I will not give it at any other meals but breakfast.

Offline AMJ

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2014, 15:05:13 pm »
Creations, that's a great idea, I gave her some plain brown rice cakes first as a new food this AM while I was getting DHs breakfast ready and she was watching Barney. She ate it no problem all on her own but then I gave her some plain veggies. She was playing with them but when I used my hands to feed them to her she ate them. I guess not a perfect situation where she eats on her own but I'll take it!!!
Thanks!!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2014, 21:14:43 pm »
Oh great update!
So maybe have the veggies ready from the night before or something and serve them before the rice cakes too?

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2014, 22:17:16 pm »
Buntybear,actually no, no oatmeal. :) I told myself I will not give it at any other meals but breakfast.

Brilliant, well done!!

Offline AMJ

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2014, 04:30:09 am »
Thank you ladies. I think it's working a little.