Author Topic: refusing morning bottle??  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Hocks

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 26, 2014, 12:56:56 pm »
my lo is loosely following baby wise routine but still needs a lot of tweaking and I would appreciate any tips and advice. my lo is 10 weeks old and takes his feeds better if fed every 4 hours or slightly less (I tried the 3 hour routine and he wouldn't take his bottle and bat it out of my hands). the only routine is that lo feeds around 7, 11, 3, 7- then bed and I lift and feed at 11...he usually wakes around 4.30am but is not fussed on bottle and if I do manage to get it into him he wont take his morning bottle.does this mean he is ready to drop the middle of night feed???

Offline emmyheats

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 21:30:23 pm »
my lo started to do exactly the same thing. how much us yours taking per feed? is he fussing on bottle?  if so u may need the next stage teat as he may b getting frustrated and getting fed up of working so hard to get milk - I changed teat with mibe as he wouldn't finish his day feeds and he started to take more in day and then thus neant ge gradually wanted less in night. butthen my lo dropped wrong feed and would take a full feed in night but 1-2 oz at7 am. I tried doing an activity with him first before his 7 am feed and some times it worked. we stopped dream feeding our lo and instead purposely woke him on that feed so he woukd bring up more wind and also so that once he settled and was put down he would go into a deeper sleep again. it worked for us.

Offline Hocks

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 22:12:21 pm »
He is taking 6oz per feed and is on a variflow teet so that rules the teet out as the cause . I fed him again  in the middle of the night and he totally rejected his morning bottle and bat it out of my hands.i am tempted tk try some water tonight because he is clearly trying to drop a bottle but just the wrong one.i will try fully wakening him at 11am to see if this helps as he has been very sleepy during this feed and has only taken 4oz the past few nights!!