Author Topic: 4 month old - waking to eat at night, not eating as much during day  (Read 1115 times)

Offline natashalil

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
hi there

i think i have figured out why my DS is waking erratically at night (4x a night). I have noticed that he isnt taking as much in his daytime feeds (he is EBF), but takes in a lot more at night. The night feeds are longer, he is less distracted, and just hungrier it seems.

any tips for reversing this - so he gets back on track with daytime=big feeds, nighttime if needed?

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: 4 month old - waking to eat at night, not eating as much during day
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 18:15:27 pm »
I do feeds in her dark bedroom upon waking from night and naps so it is similar to a night feed.
Heidi

Offline Cs11

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 05:51:46 am »
I find a quiet darkish room for daytime feeds helps and also cause my lo has wandering hands at the minute something around my neck to keep her entertained instead of pulling off and looking round! Sometimes walking around helps too. Maybe cluster feeds in the evening?

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 09:28:53 am »
Also longer feeds at night can be just because they are relaxed and sleepy. My kids often did 6-8min (total both sides) feeds in I the day but their night feed was 20 mins (only offered one side). They certainly weren't taking more at that night feed just lazily supping away iykwim.

How often are you feeding in the day? I agree with pps that a dark room with quite helped with the daytime distraction.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011