Author Topic: 18 week old 4 hour EASY now waking every 3 hours at night  (Read 1035 times)

Offline buttonbub

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
18 week old 4 hour EASY now waking every 3 hours at night
« on: March 01, 2014, 23:23:30 pm »
Hi, my DD is a textbook baby. We have been on Easy for 3 months. Transitioned to3.5 hours about3 weeks ago and now she will happily feed every 4 hours. She still only lasts about 1.5hours of A time.  Have been battling 45 min naps but last few days have sorted that by leaving her to put herself to sleep and now she is napping nearly 2 hours in morning and 2.5 in afternoon plus a catnap late afternoon. However, the last two nights she has woken up screaming at 10.30 and only calms when I feed her. We tried doing DF a month ago but it didn't work for us so haven't continued. She then has woken twice more in night and both times feed well. She is BF.

Is she napping too much? Is it too soon to be on 4 hour routine and dropping a feed?

Our typical day:
E 7:30
A 7:50-8:45 then quiet wind down time
S 9-10:50
A til hungry
E 11:30
A
S 12:45-3:15
E 3:30
A
S 45 min nap around 5ish
A til next feed
E 7:30 one breast then bath then other breast
S 8:10

Before we got the short naps sorted she would then sleep through til 7:30 waking once for food. One night she slept through til 6! The last two nights she has woken three times!!! Last time this happened we sorted it out by moving from  3 hour to 3.5 hour routine which is why I thought it time to move to4 hour routine.

Any suggestions welcome! Thanks for reading   :)

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
Re: 18 week old 4 hour EASY now waking every 3 hours at night
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 19:05:07 pm »
She could just be going through a GS and needs the extra feed. Is she taking full feeds at BT and both of the NW feeds?
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline buttonbub

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 18 week old 4 hour EASY now waking every 3 hours at night
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 01:48:23 am »
Hi,  she tends to fall asleep during NW but I try to get as much into her as possible.  The last two days I've gone back to 3.5 hour routine hoping the extra feed during day would help but it hasn't. Idon't think it is a growth spurt because wouldn't she be demanding food during day more often? She used to go straight back to sleep in night after feeding but now she cries, this is so frustrating!!!! Plus her napping has deteriorated again. Just when you think you are making progress it all goes pear shape! Could this be the4 month sleep regression? If so, what do I do?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:53:13 am by buttonbub »