Author Topic: 7 mo refusing bottles  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Darla Lesy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 02, 2014, 14:03:43 pm »
My LO has been on solids for almost 2 months now, he was always very interested in it and took to it right away. Currently he has dropped off to almost less than 18oz of formula a day with 3 substantial meals. His easy is as follows:
Wake: 7am
E -7:30- bottle (offer 7 oz, now is taking only about 3)
    8:30 - cereal with fruit
S - 9:45 -11:00
E- 11:30 bottle 3oz
    12:30 - lunch. Meat, veg and fruit
S- 2:00-3:00/3:30
E - 3:30 bottle. 3oz
     5:30 supper. Meat,veg and fruit
     7:00/7:30 bottle. 7 oz (he will usually take most of this bottle, but I sometimes think it's just cause he's tired and I have to work to keep him from "falling asleep on the bottle"
He is still waking at night for a 5 oz bottle, although last night he didn't even finish that! He has gone through the night without a feed probably a handful of times so I know it's possible and would love to give him the milk during the day and skip that middle of the night feed *wishful thinking!*
I noticed just yesterday he had his first tooth poking through and suspect he might be working on another one. Oh-and I struggle to get him to take any water at all!! So I'm concerned about him being dehydrated. Thanks in advance!

Offline <Catherine>

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 149
Re: 7 mo refusing bottles
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 10:57:49 am »
Hi,

I would try cutting back on his solids and see if he'll then increase his milk intake. How much is he having at each solid meal?

My LO has just turned 9 months, and it was only really at about 8 months or so that he really started to take water, before that it was a struggle to get him to have any at all - so keep at it and he will get it eventually!
Catherine x