Author Topic: LO starte to refuse food?  (Read 1122 times)

Offline yujai

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 14, 2014, 23:02:28 pm »
He started finger food since 8~9 months and have been really good on eating. He was having 5~6 nursing session plus 3 solid meals everyday since 10 months old.

About 2 weeks ago, he suddenly refused to eat cheese and more food went to his refusal meal since then.  However, he would eat everything I offer if I put it in broth or water and spoon feed him. I will need to tell and show him it's soup so he will open his mouth.  Otherwise he will just shut his mouth or push away the spoon.

The only thing he would still pick up and eat are pears, salmon/fish, meatballs, baby puffs(all time favourites, he will eat whenever you give him), cheerios and sometimes rice.  Last week he was still very into broccoli and tofu, but he didn't eat any today.

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: LO starte to refuse food?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 16:09:05 pm »
Hi, how is he now? They can often go through these phases - it could well be teeth if he is eating it in a soup? Maybe it hurts him to chew right now??

Offline yujai

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 04:57:50 am »
Still the same.
I don't think it's teething.  He didn't bite his finger much these days.  I think the problem is more like he is not interested in opening his mouth when I fed him unless it's soup. 

I tried cheddar cheese and he will eat some but not all.  Lunch is always a more struggle than dinner.

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: LO starte to refuse food?
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 07:30:44 am »
Is he having a mid morning snack or any milk? Do you make mealtimes lots of fun? Could you make a picnic one lunch time on a rug on the carpet and puts lots of interesting foods out - lots of colour and texture? Or just let him get messy in his high chair with no pressure to eat? Does he eat the same as you?