Author Topic: 9 month old started waking at night  (Read 3540 times)

Offline JessicaNoel

• Jessica
  • New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2014, 22:31:54 pm »
Yeah, it seems like it's always something new.

Offline JessicaNoel

• Jessica
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2014, 17:39:21 pm »
Last night was awake for an 1 1/2.  Before that slept through for multiple nights.  Wasn't really upset just awake.  Any thoughts?  He never had a NW that long. 

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: 9 month old started waking at night
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 02:53:19 am »
Could be from too much daytime sleep or could be overtired... what did he sleep like during the day?

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline JessicaNoel

• Jessica
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2014, 21:10:54 pm »
He slept 2  1/2 total.  On days when he sleeps less then 2 hours or right around 2 hrs it seems he sleep better at night.  That would mean he gets right around 13 hr total.  Not sure? He was waking from his afternoon nap after 30 minutes crying.  So I cut back his afternoon A time by 5-10 mins and it has worked the last two days.  He does 3- 3.25- 3 1/2 to 4 A times.  I'm just so nervous to cap his morning nap to get a longer afternoon nap.  He has never been a good napper and the morning nap has been the good one lately.  Not sure if I'm entering the 2-1 transition.  But one nap always seems shorter than the other and if both naps are long then he seems to have NW that night :-\

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: 9 month old started waking at night
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2014, 03:14:50 am »
I don't think he needs 2 long naps and one long, one short is about right at this age. I do think you're in the 2-1 nap territory (scary, I know!). I understand you're nervous capping the morning nap. I still don't like doing it but the shorter am/longer pm nap works better for us than the other way around. Our A's range from 3.5-4hrs (the longer one towards the end of the day, but out 2nd nap is longer)

There is a 2-1 support thread... you're more than welcome to come and join us on a daily chat as we are all slowly plodding along and trying to work what is best until our babies are ready for 1 nap ;)

Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #26

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline JessicaNoel

• Jessica
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2014, 14:53:14 pm »
Thanks for the advise.  I will check out the 2-1 thread.  Naps have just always been difficult.  His nights have been better lately, fingers crossed.  I almost think he does better at night with 2 hrs or less during the day.