Author Topic: Day 8- 4.5 month old NW for full feed- growth spurt? Regression? Or what? Help!!  (Read 1340 times)

Offline Lauramew

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0

Have a baby who has previously slept 7-7.30 with one feed at 5 ish now she's waking 2 or 3 times a night for food. She's been able to self settle since 10 weeks and goes to bed at night awake (although does fall asleep on the boob on last feed but do wake her up before bed) for all naps she self settles and knows the routine for sleep.

I know GS usually only last a few days but this is day 8 and I'm tearing my hair out. I'm
Worried I'm setting up sleep associations as I always feed her and to be honest she has a full feed every time. I've let her shout it out a bit but she just gets worked up.
I've started giving a little solids this week too but after this had started.

Does this sound like regression or growth spurt? Do I just ride it out? I have noticed she has less food at feeds. I did have her on a 4 hour easy and now been doing 3-3.5 but no difference.

It's like she's having a decent feed at night and rubbish ones in the day. Please tell me this will pass. I want my great sleeper back. Worried I'm feeding too much in night to replace the day

Offline Sarah - Enfys' Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 76
Hang in there. Four months is such a tricky age. If she's taking a full feed, she needs it.  What are her feeds like during the day? Is she very distracted?  Mine both did this around this age, I had to take them to a quiet place to feed for a while. How are her naps?  What's her routine like?

Offline Lauramew

• Showing Appreciation 0
Hi there thank you so much for your reply
She's very distracted in the day but I've tried dark room and she's having none of it. At a loss at what to do as it seems to be a very bad habit forming.

Naps are the same ish

E- try to at 7.30- 8 ish
A
S 9.15-9.45 ish
Y

E11.30
A
S by 1.30
Y

E 2.30 3 ish
A
S cat nap for half an hour in sling or cot between 4-5.
Y
Then big feed at 6 and try and cluster at 7 then bed time 7.
I've been giving solids at breakfast and tea from a few days ago.

Feel like I'm at the end of my teather today but I pray it's a phase

Did the nw's start before or after you started the solids?  She's pretty young to have solids and it's usually better to only give them once a day, in the morning, for a good long while as the digestive changes can wake them up at night!

How long are her naps?  I can see she's only having 30 minutes at 9:15, then not napping till 1:30. She's probably quite overtired by then. That may not be helping.

Offline Lauramew

• Showing Appreciation 0
Sorry I mean that's the time she starts to naps. She has two 1.5 naps a day and then one 30-45 min cat nap.

NW started 3 days before I started solids so it could be the transition. She seems very ready and so interested in food but I to was worrying about her being too young but HV suggested I gave her some. Thank you for your help.

Ah, sorry.