Author Topic: Party all Night  (Read 1071 times)

Offline wif

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 10, 2014, 17:37:46 pm »
Hi all,

I hope that someone here can help me! My six month-old wakes up once an hour at night--at least, if not more often--and I am slowly losing my mind. The thing is, the second I go in and comfort him, he goes right back to sleep. Only to wake up again as soon as my head hits the pillow. During the day, he does EASY age appropriately (to the best of my abilities--I am a WAHM, and he is my fourth!) and I would even call him an angel baby--but at night be becomes a gremlin, and I have no idea how to go about changing it. He doesn't want to eat, he just want me to pat his cheek, maybe give him back his pacifier and his lovey, and that's it.

Does anyone have any idea how to go about changing this? Before I start hallucinating from exhaustion?

Thanks!

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: Party all Night
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 23:01:36 pm »
Hi and welcome,

Could you please post your daytime routine? If he's taking the catnap still, it may be time to start the transition...

Have a look at this link All about the 3-2 transition- 5/6 months

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline wif

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 16:55:00 pm »
Thank you so much for your help! The nightmare is only at night. During the day, he is more or less like this:

A 6:30 to 9:30

S 9:30-11:00

A 11:00-3:00

S 3:00-4:30

A 4:30-6:30

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: Party all Night
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 22:33:19 pm »
I think your 2nd activity time is too long and would maybe suggest doing 2nd nap from 2-3.30pm and bedtime around 6.30pm...let me know if that helps. Also, could it be that he is hungry? Do you feed him at all at night? Could you try giving him a feed and see if that helps him settle, rather than him continually waking afterwards?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 02:54:24 am by Layla »

20/06/2012 - my angel baby