Author Topic: 6mo seems obsessed with nursing - wakes all night to feed - losing my mind!  (Read 3369 times)

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
hmm...if she does a repeat on the shorter naps is it possible to push through and do an early bedtime? I really think that first nap after a short A time is just her tacking on to the night sleep.

As for solids, well, there never really is a good time! We plunged in and are doing a mix of blw and purees...though if E has anything to say about it we will be doing only blw soon as she wants what we are eating!
Heidi

Offline Mjaz

• Showing Appreciation 7
Here was today:

Wake: 6am
A: 3
Nap 1: 9-10:15
A: 2:45
Nap 2: 1-2:15
A: 2:35
Nap 3: 4:50-5:30
A: 2:15
Asleep 7:45

This was a busy day - the best I could do to push her and follow her lead when she was really tired this evening.  She's already awoken 45 min into the night.

I.am.so.exhausted. 

She is def going to be a blw'er!  So far has refused any purées I've offered, so I just decided to hold off till I got to the root of the feedings/wakings at night!

Thx!
Melinda

Do you all start the day at 6? Just curious if you dont need to would she feed back to sleep then? E has a 5:30/6:00 ish feed which I pop her in bed until 7:30/8:00 and then on waking do a solids breakfast and then her next feed about 4-4.5 hrs from the early a.m. feed (she is mixed fed, but still has 3 bf & 3 bottles plus one 2 a.m. feed some nights). We do set naps mostly because it was doing my head in trying too keep the sleep and feed times straight!
Heidi

Offline Mjaz

• Showing Appreciation 7
Nope, we try but she's wide awake.  This morning was 5:30.  But she was soaked and had a huge bowel movement.  I changed her and nursed her and tried to get her back to sleep, but no go.

:(
Melinda

Darn! That is my one saving grace!
Heidi

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Maybe she just needs time to build up to the longer A times and naps
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline Mjaz

• Showing Appreciation 7
Went to bed at 6:30 and has been up 5 times before 10.  Has been screaming/refusing to try to sleep for 45 min now.  I've never been so frustrated by a little one.  Idk what this is!  Should I post in NW?  I started her on probiotics today and gave her some oatmeal and pears this morning.  To be honest though, it's been bad for 7 weeks and nothing has made a difference. ;(
Melinda

Was that the first solids she has had? Could be discomfort...not sure on the probiotics. Personally I would stop them and intro one thing at a time to see what it might be if you think one of them is the issue.

Have you seen the birth clubs? They are a great place to commiserate with us ladies in the same stages! 4-6 months: part 40

Heidi

Offline Mjaz

• Showing Appreciation 7
Oh I don't think the probiotics or the food bothered her.  I don't think the probiotics could hurt at - I'm praying they help her tummy if that's what's bothering her.

I really am just so hesitant to really offer her food.  I jut don't want to add another variable to the mix!  At 6 months, I should probably be giving her breakfast, huh? 

She did a 5 hour stretch last night.  Praying this is slowly getting better.  I've started tracking her EASY day a d night to try and see patterns.  Nothing yet.

:/ m
Melinda

Food before one is just for fun is the saying, so dont stress about solids too much - milk is where they are getting the bulk of their nutrition until then. A 5 hour stretch is great, fx it continues on and lengthens!
Heidi