Author Topic: Help! NWs after DF 3.5 mo  (Read 1007 times)

Offline Mandermeln

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 13, 2014, 01:12:16 am »
I'm open to all and any suggestions. From 5 to 11 weeks my LO slept from 7-7 with one waking around 4. At 11 weeks he started to have frequent NW and it seemed like he was frustrated with the swaddle. So, we stopped swaddling... Big mistake. We are back to swaddling again but LO is in a routine of waking 3-4 times a night. He usually settles easily with a pacifier for wakings before 4. If it's after 4 I'll always BF. The strange part is we DF but if we stop for one night, the next night we reintroduce the DF night he will sleep through to 4 or 5 again! Then the next night will get up 2 or 3 hours after the DF. 

He's on a 3 hour feeding schedule - 5 - 5.5oz feedings a day and a 4 oz DF (all breast milk, mostly expressed except Motn and first feeding of the day).

Does anyone have any suggestions?  What are we doing wrong?

Help...

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: Help! NWs after DF 3.5 mo
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 22:43:40 pm »
Hi there,

If you are finding he's waking up more with a DF, maybe stop giving him the DF altogether and he may sleep longer? Also, if you're finding you have to give him the paci at night for him to get back to sleep, the paci could be a prop. I am not sure why he will wake more frequently with a DF one night and not the next... it may have something to do with his daytime sleep? Does he sleep well during the day? Did you want to post your EAS?

20/06/2012 - my angel baby