Author Topic: LO must have grown an inch over night!!  (Read 7541 times)

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
LO must have grown an inch over night!!
« on: March 13, 2014, 14:41:22 pm »
Has anyone's else had a growth spurt at 22 months....my LO thankfully had always had a great appetite, eats anything has been on 75th centile since birth but this week he is eating like an adult!! Yesterday 3 weetabix for breaki and toast then jacket spud with cheese and beans (skin too) fruit/yoghurt lunch, spag Bol for tea then snack before bed and 3 cups of milk!! Today porridge adult portion with apple chunks in, pork and veg casserole lunch snacks of breadsticks, rice cakes, raisens and it's only 2pm lol! I'm running out of food he keeps says more mummy  ;-) x
Zoe

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: LO must have grown an inch over night!!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 18:28:44 pm »
I actually can't remember the ages of DS's growth spurts, but I do remember being shocked at how much food he could put away!
Then suddenly the arms and legs of clothes are all too short. :)

Offline koe2moe

• Showing Appreciation 250
  • Battle on the chess board
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 18:31:05 pm »
Totally!!  Maybe not exactly at the same month.  When DS was around 24 mo, he could almost eat a whole head of broccoli at dinner with pasta and meat and THEN eat a huge banana or two!  I think that is a rehearsal for puberty! ;D

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 19:45:51 pm »
All his too big clothes 2-3 years old fit well, it's like he's grown overnight lol! For tea he ate a kids cheese and tom pizza with mixed veg on the side followed by fruit smoothie and a yoghurt then was asking for breadsticks....it's amazing where they put it! I've got more of a belly than him ;-) x
Zoe

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 22:24:51 pm »
:) It's really cool his too big clothes fit :)  DS is over 3yo and I just bought 2-3yr jeans for him today, and pulled the button elastic on the waist to max and added a belt - could fit two of him in the waist  ::)
Still, whatever size they are the GS eating really is phenomenal.  Watch out for banged heads and lots of falls as he learns to coordinate his 'new' body and height!!

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 23:38:35 pm »
Mine isn't even big!  Just big appetite!  He has always been below the midine on the growth curve!  :P  We always wonder where 2 big bananas after full dinner would fit into that small belly!  Where does all that energy go??  He's not particularly active either!  ::)

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 07:33:49 am »
Creations so true yesterday fell over everytime he ran, had several head crashes into things! He's woken up this morning looking like a 3 yr old not a nearly 2 yr old and first words were breadstick!!
Koe2moe it's like they have hollow legs  ;D
Zoe

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 07:48:35 am »
Hehehe my boy wore teenage hat since he was 3.  His head size is always 99 percentile!  High density boy with a smaller body lol

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 09:40:34 am »
yesterday fell over everytime he ran, had several head crashes into things!
:( oooh! hope he isn't too hurt!!
I like to take mine to soft play after a GS so he is really physical in a (mostly) padded place and can get to grips with his new size as quickly as possible. I think it helps in the same way as having lots of floor time when they learn to roll or crawl etc. Where as sitting activities like books or cars etc don't really help to learn about body size so much.  I did the soft play thing when DS first got his glasses too, I'm sure it helped him to adapt far more quickly to his new vision as he had to work out and negotiate all the climbs and drops etc.  Mind you it doesn't stop him falling over!

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 10:25:21 am »
Lol koe2moe he sounds a big boy!
Creations, we've been to the park every morning running on the grass..thank goodness for this spell of warm weather. Think he's got ants in his pants as not wanting to nap but thèn when nods off have to wake him at 2 hours x
Zoe