Author Topic: toys  (Read 1782 times)

Offline mommytogabriel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 14, 2014, 15:31:01 pm »
hi everyone:):)

My little man is just over 6 mnths and gets bored very quickly and as a result i am trying to find advice on some toys to buy for him? He cannot sit on his own so that limits us.. Up until a month ago he LOVEEED his kick and play piano, but now hes bored. So gone are the days where he would play independently on it for 20-30min...

Any links or suggestions??

Offline We Three

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 418
  • The Sweetest Thing....
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 16:12:01 pm »
At that age, my dd liked to sit in her high chair while I did chores in the kitchen. I could give her almost anything...LOL...a paper cup was her favorite thing!   :)   There are lots of cause/effect things that I would put on the tray for her....she had a little fabric books, stacking rings, teething toys.  She really liked her excersaucer at that age also....she loved to look at the toys that were attached.  That always bought me a solid 20 minutes.....that was how I showered each day....!

Another thing that she loved was her baby feeder.....we'd put a slice of apple in there and she was happy as could be....I could sweep the whole kitchen and load the dishwasher while she gnawed away on it!  She may have been more like 7 or 8 months....but it was the greatest thing!

http://www.babysafefeeder.com/

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: toys
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 19:12:08 pm »
Lots of ideas here
Activity and toy ideas for 6-9mths

I took DS into whichever room I needed to be in and lay him on a blanket with a few toys, in the kitchen I started a little busy box with a balloon whisk, a wooden spoon, a hoop of plastic measuring cups/spoons, a sieve. Initially I just handed him one item to explore, over time it built into a box and eventually turned into his own play kitchen with pots pans and food etc.  Household items are great to explore.  Empty (clean and with no lids) plastic tubs/bottles in the bathroom, a sponge, toothbrush, toilet roll tubes etc.  Just look around you in each room to find something safe to play with, they love learning about the world as well as having bought toys.

Offline cath~

• Showing Appreciation 152
Re: toys
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 19:20:43 pm »
Lydia's favourite toy for months as a baby was a set of stacking cups.  We got such good mileage out of them and took them everywhere with us.  She still enjoys to stack them all up occasionally even now.  And they are very useful for tea parties when she needs some extra cups.
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old