Author Topic: Classes / Groups for 19 month old  (Read 2039 times)

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • Gail
Classes / Groups for 19 month old
« on: March 15, 2014, 11:04:29 am »
What classes or groups do you take your 19 month old to? She is getting to that age where it is difficult to amuse her in the house (well without driving me mad). She is so active, loves running, dancing, singing, climbing pretty much anything.

She goes to softplay and toddler groups every week with the CM so i was looking for something different.

My beautiful spirited little angel

My angel baby girl

Offline Aishi

• Showing Appreciation 105
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 12:25:37 pm »
Hi

I take my dd swimming, library (they often have story time) and recently ive started taking her to the local youth group they have a program called little imaginations which is dance/ drama but thats for 2-5 yr olds although they will be doing one for 0-2. anything like that in your neck of the woods?

Hth

Oh and when were not doing that theres always parks, pet shops, coffee dates with just two of us
aishi :)

Offline *Becky*

• Showing Appreciation 255
Re: Classes / Groups for 19 month old
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 19:49:47 pm »
we go to a monkey music class and martha absolutely loves it!
Last year we did tumble tots which she also enjoyed.

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!

Offline Bex09

• Showing Appreciation 69
  • My world xx
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 20:05:13 pm »
TumbleTots is brilliant and my DD loved it. She would still go only her swimming lessons were at the same time. DS will be going as soon as he can crawl. They have different classes for each age group and they do like an obstacle course of climbing and physical activities. DD used to sleep so well after it too!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 11:31:50 am »
We went to everything our sure start centres had on offer, as much as I could fit in around naps!  Creative classes, dancing, cooking, physical/active groups (like tumble tots), basically anything they had we went to.

I also found this age a great time to walk to the shops and to teach him how to be in a shop.  I did it as an activity rather than trying to get the weekly shop done, so my focus was on him, how he walked around the shop, what he may or may not pick up, the need to stay close at the check out, helping carry basket/bag etc.
Trips to pet shop, DIY shops (homebase), car shops (halfords), electric goods (comet), train station, road works with barriers and diggers, basically any new experience.

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Showing Appreciation 14
  • Gail
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 17:48:00 pm »
Had a wee look and we dont actually have sure start centres up here  :(.

I was thinking maybe gymbouree which i think is the same as tumble tots. I like the idea of swimming but she is such a wee spirited menace i think it might send me round the bend trying to get dried and dressedon my own then having her go nuts while i get myself ready  :o

My beautiful spirited little angel

My angel baby girl

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 18:43:48 pm »
Just a tip for swimming - get yourselves through the shower then undress her and wrap her in a towel. Hand over a snack while you get changed, then she should be dry enough to dress. I've seen this work with most age groups, especially when the snack takes a long time to eat. It's the one day of the week that I will give a snack regardless of how close it is to a mealtime!
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 23:18:36 pm »
:( I didn't realise there weren't sure start centres in Scotland. I poked about a bit and it seems the funding is there but not used in the same way as in England.  Did you find this?  Any use?
http://www.netmums.com/central-scotland/places-to-go/parent-and-toddler-groups
http://www.netmums.com/central-scotland/places-to-go/children-s-centres
(hope the info isn't out of date)

How about looking in your paper for advertised mum and toddler groups? There are heaps in England which are not part of the sure start scheme, usually they take place in church halls or community centres but some are in soft play places, many of them provide a drink and snack for LO and a coffee for mum and ask for £1 donation.  there are of course also heaps of more formal classes like baby ballet etc