Author Topic: Baby taking small feeds in the evening -11 wk old  (Read 1743 times)

Offline Audd

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Baby taking small feeds in the evening -11 wk old
« on: March 21, 2014, 10:24:55 am »
Wondering if someone can advise me where I am going wrong-loosely follow EASY with my 11 wk but in the evening time he is only taking small feeds and I feel if he took big ones he would possibly get through the night-this was our EASY yesterday
9.00 e 5oz
9.40 a
10.15 s
11.05 a (in great form)
12.15 e 6 oz
12.50 a
1.15 s
3.30 e 6 oz
4.00 a
5.15 s
6.15 e 3 oz
7.00 a
7.45 bedtime routine
8.10 bottle 3 oz
8.30 s
11.15 dream feed 3oz
3.15 am fussing but will take Soother
4.15 3 and a half oz
8.30 starts fussing in sleep -up at 8.50!
Any suggestions?i know it's later than most peoples but it's nice having the lie on in the morning but if the late times are affecting things I will change!

Thanks in advance!

Offline newyearsbabymomma

• Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Baby taking small feeds in the evening -11 wk old
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 18:00:25 pm »
Not sure if this helps... But my baby is also 11 weeks and I keep her on more of a 7-7 routine so when do her dreamfeed at 10/11 it's been closer to 4 hours so she seems to gulp more (I breastfeeding so I don't know amounts) and usually makes it through until 7. That being said, I think this May be the start of her 12 week growth spurt and she woke last night at 5 for a decent feed and was hungry again at 7.
I'd watch to make sure her feeds are erratic- meaning hunger not habit- and maybe have more space between bedtime feed and dreamfeed (although Tracy says dreamfeed must be by 11 or it interrupts nighttime sleep cycles, she also bases this on a 7-7 routine so I don't know what to do with one that starts and ends later)

Hope this helps a little!

Offline Audd

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 18:35:55 pm »
Thanks for that!yep trying to keep him to every 3 hours but he doesn't always seem hungry!although today he went nearly 4hrs after his big nap and only took 4 oz-I can't work it out! I might try start waking him 15 minutes earlier over the course of a few weeks until we are on 7 to 7! It's just daddy not home until 7 some days so felt the 8.30 bedtime gave him some extra time!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 08:56:30 am »
Hi Audd and welcome to BW :)
I see you've had some support from newyearsbabymomma already :)  I'm just going to move your thread over to the bottle feeding board to see if you can get some support from people who have experienced this.
I would say though, there are many families/cultures where the later BT is the norm so I wouldn't necessarily shift your entire day based on the Tracy's guidance routine.  Your LO is going to bed at 8.30pm and giving a good 12hr + night which is great.

Offline Audd

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 08:16:41 am »
Hi just writing this with him in bed beside me:( he took 6 oz bottles at 9,12.15,4.15 and a split bottle between 7 and 8.30,then another 4 oz at 11.30 but had a terrible night ! Was fussing most of the night!now I am thinking is he having too long a nap in the afternoon as yesterday he slept from 1.15 until 4.10! And maybe not a feeding issue????!
Sorry I don't know if I keep moving this post or what?! It's my first time posting so all advise appreciated!his christening is today so mammy and daddy will look like zombies in the photos;)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 11:28:50 am »
Hmm, your EASY didn't show such a long nap in the afternoon. Perhaps gently cap the nap at 2hrs by going into the room.  I used to put laundry away if I needed DS to wake up, that way he had a chance to sleep to the end of a cycle and gently wake.