Author Topic: How do you find time for all the feeding??? Tips please!  (Read 1758 times)

Offline Mom-of-boys

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 6
How do you find time for all the feeding??? Tips please!
« on: March 25, 2014, 04:01:05 am »
So my DS2 just turned 6 months and my oldest is almost 3.  I definitely need some advice from moms with more than one child.  Between bottle feeding and introducing solids, I feel like I'm constantly feeding DS2.  Could you give me some tips for how you work out your meal times?  The logical thing would be to feed them together, I guess, but sometimes depending on when they wake up or how he naps, their eating routines are off... :-\ 

Offline <Catherine>

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 149
Re: How do you find time for all the feeding??? Tips please!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 06:30:08 am »
I don't really have any tips as I felt as I was constantly feeding ds2 too, but at 9 months I dropped a milk feed and reorganised the day a bit and that made a massive difference, they now have all meals together except breakfast.
Catherine x

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: How do you find time for all the feeding??? Tips please!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 08:08:53 am »
I also posted at 6 months about how often I was feeding DS. Between milk and solids it seemed like a permanent food fest.

Can you focus time wise on the milk feeds to get them in the right place for DS2's routine and then just offer him solids at the same time as the family/DS1's meals?  At 6 months he doesn't need to have set solids meal times, just tastes and experiences with food, it doesn't matter if he doesn't take much either, just joining the family at the table and tasting one or two things is enough.
How about BLW so you don't have to make separate puree foods and spoon feed?  It's a great experience, just alter your cooking slightly to chop foods into larger batons, cook without salt/sugar/honey and then you can pop anything on DS2's tray and just let him have a go?