Author Topic: If he has a crib party from 4:30-5:45, when should the first nap be?  (Read 939 times)

Offline natashalil

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
hi there,

my ds (5mos old) woke this morning at 4:30, fussed a bit, rolled around, enjoyed himself till 5:45, then started squawking so i went to him at that point and comforted him, then fed him at 6 (I would like him to wake up at 6am). He sleeps in his crib in our room.

question is - when you know they are awake at 4:30, which is way to early, he should be sleeping till 6,  when do you do the first nap?

i am afraid that doing it at 6:30 will just reinforce the early wake up habit, but how late can i push it?

Offline Florena49

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 27
Re: If he has a crib party from 4:30-5:45, when should the first nap be?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 17:54:17 pm »
creations gave brilliant advice re this. We had 5.45 wakings, i wanted a 6.30 start of the day so u treat the 5.45 waking as night waking and shush pat or whatever u usually do to comfort LO until 6.30,all of this is done in the dark like you would in the middle of the night, then u leave the room and come back straight away saying a cheerful good morning and turning he lights on, so your A time will start from 6.30, you are likely to get an OT nap so be ready to resettle and then carry on with your day as per usual, it might take him a few days of this to readjust
Viktoria

Mum to Oskar 25/10/2013 and Maksim 19/07/2015