Author Topic: Day 1... Wish me luck!  (Read 521 times)

Offline mommy2gianna

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 31, 2014, 17:39:39 pm »
My DD 16 weeks old. She will be 4 months on April 10. I started EASY today and so far it's going great. A little history... She slept for 6-7 hours a night from 2 weeks old until she hit 3 months. As soon as she turned 3 months old she started waking up every 1-3 hours. I assumed she was going through a growth spurt and would feed her (nursing) every time. I'm afraid I've created a prop now. She also uses the paci and gets swaddled. I decided I would commit to doing this right.

E 6:45
A 7:15
S 8-10:30. (Mommy fell asleep too)
First time I used shhh-pat and no paci but still swaddled
Only took 3-5 minutes I was shocked.

E 10:30
A 11:15
S 12:15 used shhh-pat and no paci only took about 7-10 min
She woke up after 45 min and I extended her nap with shhhh-pat.

I'm really hoping this will all affect how she does tonight. I'm worried about not beig as strong during the night wakings because I'll be exhausted. Any advice?
How do I decide if I should shhh-pat back to sleep or nurse???
 Hopeful!!!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Day 1... Wish me luck!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 09:33:12 am »
What a great start :)  And what a long nap she had in the morning! Wow!  For future reference if she has such a long morning nap and if she continues to take a few mins longer to settle for the next nap and wakes at 45 mins she might need a slightly longer A there.

WRT the nights. If she usually feeds every 3hrs (she might be on 3hr+ now she is approaching 4 months but I can't tell from your EASY as obviously you waited until the nap was over before feeding which might have made it later than usual) then use that as a guide as to night hunger.  She should still be able to do one long stretch at night too.  So, if her first NW is less than her regular feed time I would shush/pat, if it's been 3hrs+ then I would feed.  Perhaps you will tell over the coming nights if she is really hungry or needs reassurance to resettle.  If you do resettle and she keeps waking every 10 mins or so then I'd say hunger.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 10:18:35 am by creations »