Author Topic: Taking more formula  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: April 01, 2014, 14:30:50 pm »
My 9 month old had dropped some formula when he started to eat solids and when his tie top teeth were coming in he was done to about 25 oz ( I offer him 4 8 oz bottles) and now he's been tsking almost all 4 8 oz bottkes. I tried to up his solids but him vomited one day. Wgat should I be doing?  I currently give him about 5 tbsp of food 3 times a day not including the finger foods. He is very big / tall for his age.

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Taking more formula
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 14:58:31 pm »
Formula is more important than solids until they are one so I would not worry too much about it...we tried a supper meal twice and got vomit at bedtime both times so we backed off, supper is just finger food which she does not ingest a lot!
Heidi

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Taking more formula
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 17:51:01 pm »
What should I be doing?

Exactly what you are doing! Keep offering the 8oz bottles and let him take what he wants, offer him solids and let him take what he wants too! When/ if the 2 day time bottles start being refused or left combine them into 1 bottle between his solids lunch and afternoon nap.

Laura

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 19:57:24 pm »
The problem is he never stops taking the solids hence the vomiting when I tried that lol. Does that amount of solids seem ok?  At night I usually give just sonething lighter like fruit and yogurt. Although I'm noticing that he's spitting up smelly stuff adterwards. Think it could be the yogurt ? Thanks again :)