Author Topic: 8.5 month twins, night waking and early morning waking,  (Read 27065 times)

Offline 4isstillnighttime

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
Re: 8.5 month twins, night waking and early morning waking,
« Reply #180 on: May 07, 2014, 19:47:30 pm »
I think you are right that she would go down easier if tireder....but I just have this feeling that part of her trouble is that she can only put herself to sleep if she is absolutely knackered. I think she's tired pretty much all the time which is why she will always sleep in the car or pushchair even if she's only just got up. And I think that when she is that tired she just passes out rather than knows she is going to sleep, and unless I fix this she will always wake really early and nap badly as she's not really learning.

Does this make any sense? What do I do about it?

DH has been called in to work and won't be home at night til Sunday now as he is working tom night as well then at his brother's stag party friday and sat. With the ST should I just stay in the room so they can see and hear me and then move outside again? I don't really know what's gone wrong!!!!

« Reply #181 on: May 07, 2014, 19:48:45 pm »
I wish you were closer for real life hugs.....feel so lonely!!

Offline babybarr

• Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #182 on: May 07, 2014, 20:15:40 pm »
I reckon she sleeps in car/pushchair like my boys do. It's where they slept a lot when little and I think it has a sleep association. If she is going down awake (even if tired) and putting herself to sleep then I think it's fine. I like to think of them as little adults in regards to sleep. Like if we have an early night it doesn't mean we'll wake early. If we need a longer nap cos we're tired doesn't mean we will have to go to bed later yk? My first was the world's worst sleeper. I think I mentioned he now has sleeping medication prescribed. He is the most sleep trained child ever! Anyway I digress. What I was saying was if you're not tired enough and you go to bed too early (I know it's hard to imagine that ever being the case atm!) what happens? You toss and turn and get frustrated and I think that's what happens with babies. Just because you're shattered and fall asleep quickly doesn't mean other days you won't fall asleep after 10mins of chilling. With ds1 I panicked so much about ot he was always going down too soon. With these two I know they don't sleep well unless really tired. They then do a better nap and are happier all round for it. I would also say (even more so with two) that's nights are really not that dependent on day sleep. It's nice to think there's a magic formula and believe me I want to find it too but there isn't. I think add a time and not worry if she's going to sleep within seconds.
LAURA xx

Offline babybarr

« Reply #183 on: May 07, 2014, 20:21:47 pm »
Oh and lets face it. With twins. Esp non id. You're tryin to get two separate babies onto one sleep pattern. Surely that's fighting against the odds to begin with. ....

I should really practise what I preach given all my help me with these children posts!
LAURA xx

Offline Sarah - Enfys' Mum

• Showing Appreciation 76
« Reply #184 on: May 07, 2014, 20:24:41 pm »
Xx hugs xxx.

I've always erred on the side of helping less with sleep and would only stay in the room if she was very upset. I always go in then, I've never tried to comfort from outside the room. But that's just me.

« Reply #185 on: May 07, 2014, 20:26:29 pm »
Also agree with Laura - I find Medi sleeps better if a bit ot.

Lol Laura wrt your last post. I can't imagine trying to synchronise twins, I know it's meant to be easier but I'm sure it doesn't seem that way!

« Reply #186 on: May 07, 2014, 20:35:05 pm »
I see what you mean Laura.....wise words indeed. And Sarah, I am glad to hear you say that. I don't mind them crying if I am there, but to think of her crying and not knowing if I'd come....it's heart breaking. And I hope she did know....

I've been in bed for an hour fretting about them. I love them so much. With twins I always feel like they are having to compromise on everything and I always feel so guilty. They are such lovely kids, and I'm so lucky to have them. Even if they don't sleep for 5 years that's not all that long!!

I'll try a bit more A tomorrow!!

« Reply #187 on: May 07, 2014, 20:51:28 pm »
It's obvious how much you love them, and they'll know it. I think they're lucky to be twins -of course they don't get all your attention like a single - but what a gift they have in each other. Think of how much fun they're going to have together!

« Reply #188 on: May 07, 2014, 21:33:56 pm »
Why don't you join the birth club?  Nice bunch of moms hanging out and chit chatting about all sorts. 

7-9 months, part 35

Offline Uglybethy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 12
  • First time mummy to twin girls.
« Reply #189 on: May 08, 2014, 00:44:50 am »
Oh sweetheart I'm sorry you've had a crappy day with naps and felt so alone with it at bedtime.
I'm afraid I was MIA from the boards today because it was my girls birthday today! We all survived the first year... I think!!
I think you got really excited and felt (rightly so) empowered by the recent progress you and your girls have made, especially with going down slightly under tired and chatting themselves to sleep.
And I agree with you and other posters that bed before bed they really need four hours awake time.
So many hugs for today....

Offline nippo

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #190 on: May 08, 2014, 05:29:08 am »
Sounds like you did brilliantly, babies will go back to what they know. We had sooooo many nights where I felt like I was starting at the beginning. I would have gone in, hand on back and kept on until they went to sleep. Might be a bit too soon for walking out - but good to keep trying. One day they will let you. I basically spent hours removing my hand and putting it back until they got used to the feeling of my hand not being there which does take a little while.... They are nearly there. You know than can do it but they want the security of the familiar I think.
Mummy to two gorgeous twin girls

Offline babybarr

« Reply #191 on: May 08, 2014, 05:41:30 am »
How was last night?
LAURA xx

« Reply #192 on: May 08, 2014, 07:10:58 am »
Well....it wasn't too bad. Quick resettle for c at 12:30 then both fed at 2:45. But they were then awake til3:30 and up for the day at 5. So more A time today I think! And thanks to you all for the help and advice.

Sarah - I'd love to be in that birth club but the girls are 9.5 months now....time flies!! And C has just started cruising this morning so I will be feeling your pain with pulling up in the cot soon I think!

UB happy birthday to the girls!!

Offline babybarr

« Reply #193 on: May 08, 2014, 07:57:40 am »
Glad it wasn't too bad. :)
LAURA xx

« Reply #194 on: May 08, 2014, 10:10:41 am »
You can join for two weeks and then there's a 10-12 month one as well!