Author Topic: 8.5 month twins, night waking and early morning waking,  (Read 26694 times)

Offline Uglybethy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 12
  • First time mummy to twin girls.
Re: 8.5 month twins, night waking and early morning waking,
« Reply #270 on: May 16, 2014, 22:45:56 pm »
Keeping everything crossed for you. Great napping today.. I know there were resettles but they got their three hours (just about)... A few more days of that and the overtired will start to subside.
And as for the teeth, they are b@st@rds, each and every one of them!

Offline nippo

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #271 on: May 17, 2014, 05:57:20 am »
You are doing well, if you can get out into the sun and get some fresh air, it might make the world seem a bit happier. You are doing really well, and I am sure one would probably be doing quite well if the other wasn't waking them up - we had that problem when we put our two in the same room. Teething makes things so much harder!!
Mummy to two gorgeous twin girls

Offline 4isstillnighttime

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #272 on: May 17, 2014, 08:09:13 am »
Last night was a bit better - resettled C at midnight then fed her at 4. Fed Z at 2. They were both up from 4 though, we have limped to 8:45 with lots of screaming and I anticipate an OT nap. I left them in their cots but they were just playing. It's dark in there, I don't interact - what more can I do? I hate it when they are so tired and grumpy, it makes things so difficult. I'm starting to get frustrated with them which isn't really fair, but I'm just at the end if my tether. I didn't get to bed til 10 as I had so much to sort out so I've had about 5 hours sleep, in 3 short bursts. I go back to work in 2 weeks....how will I cope?

I wish DH had a 9-5 job locally so he was home more. I've started getting really anxious esp about bath time - it's so tricky on my own.

Offline Uglybethy

• BW Aficionado
« Reply #273 on: May 17, 2014, 12:38:19 pm »
The anxiety is really tough to survive and navigate, especially if it's sleep that you're most in need of.

What are the plans for the girls once you're back at work? Are you going back full time?

And yes, with your husbands job situation everything to do with the girls fall onto you... Like being a single parent in many ways but with the promise of a break every now and then which never seems to happen because even when he's home you're the one steering the ship... Do you know how amazing you actually are!

« Reply #274 on: May 17, 2014, 13:00:26 pm »
You are all amazing too!! I took them out in the morning for a picnic lunch and we do all feel better. Trouble is they were v hard to settle for nap as so excited!

The girls are going to a childminder who is v nice and v excited to have them. I'm doing 3 days a week. Hopefully DH will be able to switch shifts around so he is home more of my work nights too!

Onwards and upwards. One day at a time. Rome wasn't built in a day. It's a marathon, not a sprint. This too shall pass!!

Offline Uglybethy

• BW Aficionado
« Reply #275 on: May 17, 2014, 13:13:22 pm »
Ha very wise words!

« Reply #276 on: May 18, 2014, 08:36:34 am »
Ooooh ooooh ooooh  ;D

Last night Z woke at 22:50, and because I am an idiot I thought it was 2:50 and fed her. Then she woke again at 3, woke c so I fed them both. Then she woke at 4 so I took her into my bed (desperate times call for desperate measures).

Heard C on the monitor at half 4. A few cries. Thought I would have to get up but all went silent....until I heard her playing at half 5!! And she has been lovely this morning, played in the dark til 6, had a feed, enormous breakfast, down for her nap like a dream. So I have got the travel cot in our room and will keep Z with us from her first wake up and see if that helps things.

We all feel great though!! Esp naughty Z who got an extra feed!!!

Offline nippo

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #277 on: May 18, 2014, 09:11:01 am »
Cool!! Actually 22.50 until 3 is quite good!

Well done - I found splitting mine really helped but some people find the transition back to sleeping in the same room hard. Personally, my two seemed to learn quicker apart because one learnt before the other so while she slept through I had the energy to concentrate on the other...
Mummy to two gorgeous twin girls

« Reply #278 on: May 18, 2014, 13:44:23 pm »
I know!! 4 hours sleep in a row!!! For the first time in about 6 months!!!!!!! In my own bed!!!!!!!!!

;D v excited!!

I may have screwed it up by letting C have a long nap this morning but I had a friend coming round who is always sympathising with me about how "difficult" C is. So after 1h20 mins she was on fine form! Clever little sausage! And we will get back to short morning nap tomorrow. I'm glad, though - I was getting near the end and I think a night of Z in my bed and a long nap for C have given me a bit of a new burst of energy.

Offline Sarah - Enfys' Mum

• Showing Appreciation 76
« Reply #279 on: May 18, 2014, 15:04:08 pm »
Hey, great night!  I hope you had a nice visit with your friend.

Offline Uglybethy

• BW Aficionado
« Reply #280 on: May 18, 2014, 15:43:36 pm »
Really happy for you!!!! And glad you could show off a well rested c and feel proud :))))
I also love how you're already thinking of your plan for tomorrow, rather than just trying to survive (well a bit of that too). I remember a similar transition, when my whole world didn't feel like it was falling apart if there was a longer or shorter nap... I felt like I would adjust things the next day or the next nap to compensate and that was really empowering.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 15:45:56 pm by Uglybethy »

Offline babybarr

• Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #281 on: May 19, 2014, 14:51:20 pm »
Just posting this thread again so we can all hop on iy
Sleep and EASY support for twins and multiples
LAURA xx

« Reply #282 on: May 20, 2014, 04:00:44 am »
For the first time EVER both babies slept through!! Well, lots of little wakes and grumbles, and a replugs for C at about 2 and a resettle now, but they were the only times I got out of bed!!

I can't believe it, it's like seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  I'm sure it has the potential to go wrong again but at least I know it's possible!! Ironically I was awake all night....but hopefully my sleep will improve if theirs does!!

I can't thank you all enough!!!!!!

Offline Sarah - Enfys' Mum

• Showing Appreciation 76
« Reply #283 on: May 20, 2014, 06:01:19 am »
Awesome!

Offline babybarr

• Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #284 on: May 20, 2014, 09:03:29 am »
WOW! So pleased for you.  Send some of that my way please!
LAURA xx