Author Topic: Inconsistent second A time?  (Read 2207 times)

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Inconsistent second A time?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2014, 07:15:58 am »
Oh my I know about inconsistent schedules!!  You have my sympathy.  I've had to learn to roll with it too, though that's not my natural inclination.  Sorry she's ill, though the side effect of long naps is pretty great :)

I went back to work when DD was 13 months and she was pretty much transitioned to one nap by then.  I worked a similar pattern to you - Mon/Wed/Thurs.  On days she was at nursery there was a set nap of 11.30/45 so what we did was just set that as our naptime at home (regardless of wakeup) and then set BT at about 6pm to begin with.  Usually nap at nursery was really short, but we pushed on to 6pm unless it was a complete and utter disaster ie less than 30 mins.  At home we kept same naptime, never woke in morning (unless we had to) and she would take some huge 3h naps to catch up.  And still generally go down for the night by 6pm or just after.  Over time we were able to push normal BT to closer to 6.30pm, and then had to move nap a bit later at home from around 17/18 months. 

Offline Green007

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2014, 20:15:32 pm »
Why did I not have issues like this with my son? He slept so well...he was on a 2,3,4 A time schedule...slept 8-7am and 2-4pm like clockwork. What causes some babies to be so easy going towards sleep and others not so much?

I capped her am nap this am to 40 mins and put her down this pm to see what she would do. Looks like she'll do the 1.5 hour nap...putting bedtime at 6:00. I wonder if I should continue to keep things this way? Or was it merely a fluke :S

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Inconsistent second A time?
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2014, 08:04:58 am »
If I knew the answer to that I think I'd be one very rich mummy ;D

I think if today worked well I'd try sticking to the same pattern for a few days in a row so she can settle into it x