Author Topic: 7.5 month old night waking again  (Read 3299 times)

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
Re: 7.5 month old night waking again
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2014, 17:55:14 pm »
Have you tried feeding at that 4am? If he's only taking 3 to 4oz maybe he's hungry? I would try to break the rocking back to sleep if you can.
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline LizPNI

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 00:00:55 am »
I planned to take your advice and try to feed him again, but then he actually slept all the way to 3am. He woke up very hungry, so I gave him more milk and he ended up having about 7 ounces. he had almost fallen asleep while eating so I lied him down and he fell back asleep for about 10 minutes and woke up crying. I checked him and realized his diaper had leaked so fix that but then he was wide awake. I put him in his crib and let him play since he wasn't crying just up. He finally went back to sleep at 4:30 and slept till 6:30. So he was up for an hour 30 minutes in the middle of the night.

I am thinking it's time to add a 3rd meal of solids because now he is 8.5 months and drinking 28 ounces of formula during the day. I was hoping by now he wouldn't need to eat in the middle of the night.

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 00:13:52 am »
I am thinking it's time to add a 3rd meal of solids because now he is 8.5 months and drinking 28 ounces of formula during the day. I was hoping by now he wouldn't need to eat in the middle of the night.

I would pop on to the feeding board to ask but I from my memory most lo's are not eating 3 meals a day until over a year. My lo was certainly only eating one solids meal at this age. As long as the fluid oz's doesn't go down then it would be fine. Are you doing breakfast and lunch already?

**Siobhan**

Offline LizPNI

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 02:59:43 am »
yes, we are doing breakfast and lunch. I was trying to hold off on the 3rd meal, but he seems staving by 6pm now.

I'll see what they say on the feeding board.

thanks

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 19:40:44 pm »
Its actually possible that the solids is reducing his fluid intake making him more hungry by 6 since the soilids wont hold him nearly as long as the BM. Have you tried reducing the solids to see if that ups his fluid intake and that may help.

**Siobhan**