Author Topic: 10.5 month old never slept through the night  (Read 1460 times)

Offline jujububbles

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
10.5 month old never slept through the night
« on: April 13, 2014, 15:05:00 pm »
My 10.5 month old is a terrible sleeper. He's never slept through the night since he was born.

We co sleep but only because he sleeps (slightly) better with us.

He's with a child minder during the week and I'm worried that she will quit us due to the stress she's under with his naps.

His routine is as follows:

Wake 7
S 10.30/10.45 - 12 ish
S 3 ( he gets tired around this time and we put him down but he plays in his cot till almost 4)
Wake 4.30 (we wake him as we are afraid if he sleeps later he won't fall asleep)
Bed 8

Wake 10.30, 2 and 5 on a good night. And that doesn't count the times he cries for his soother.

Any thoughts please.

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 250
Re: 10.5 month old never slept through the night
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 10:34:46 am »
Hi Hon- How are you settling him? Shh-pat? rocking him? What are you doing at the night wakings? Feeding ?Does he have any history of reflux?

Try not to worry about the child minder- she should be used to little bubbas and their funny ways!!
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline jujububbles

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 16:02:02 pm »
At night he falls asleep drinking his bottle for his naps he plays in his cot for a bit bit needs me still to settle him

Offline KookyK

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 16:39:03 pm »
Maybe wean the soother? I did that for my DS at 7 months and he's not perfect but much fewer wakes than before and he can self settle now (sometimes!). Or teach him to replug. My DSs sleep also improved in his own room tho it was a leap of faith. I think I disturbed him and responded too quickly not giving him chance to self soothe.
DD jan 2008
DS August 2013

Offline BusterB

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 15:26:31 pm »
At night he falls asleep drinking his bottle for his naps he plays in his cot for a bit bit needs me still to settle him

Your schedule is incredibly similar to my now 8 month old's and we were getting lots of NWs, until I started capping the morning nap to 30-45mins and then doing 3.5/4 hours A and allowing him a longer pm nap (but not later than a 4:30pm wake up) and then another 3.5 hr A then bed. Once I did this he suddenly STTN a few times and is generally now doing much longer stretches at night, he is also much easier to get to sleep for the pm nap - honestly, it made a huge difference for us. Just a thought in case you hadn't tried it.

Offline KookyK

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 15:36:20 pm »
Have had similar experience with A time and long pm nap as buster so its worth a try!
DD jan 2008
DS August 2013