Author Topic: Night wakings, reflux and 12 week old  (Read 1333 times)

Offline millzie27

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 15, 2014, 13:50:35 pm »
Hi everyone,

this is my first post. My daughter is now almost 12 weeks old. She has suffered from reflux and gas since her birth. I'm exclusively formula feeding now because of low blood sugar at birth and a decreased breast milk production.

I have had her on EASY since day one, but am finding that it still hasn't helped her with sleeping. Here are my issues:

1) I cannot dream feed her and NOT burp her because she was having choking spells in her sleep due to the reflux. I feed her at 10:30-11pm nightly but have to burp her.

2) I cannot tank her up with cluster feeds because she just pukes up everything extra I put in her. She cannot take in a surplus.

3) She is a large baby. She is now almost 14 pounds.

So...because of her size, she actually only organically feeds every 4 hours. I had her on a 3 hour EASY for the first two months, but found then that she could handle going four hours in between, so I switched. BUT...as a result, the night wakings have begun again. She was at a point of going six hours at night but is now back to 3-4 hour stretches. She downs her dream feed and her bottle at 2:30. Last night she ate at 11pm and then again at 2:45; both were gone (7oz).

I'm guessing that I should switch her back to a 3 hour EASY? I'm thinking she hasn't taken in enough calories during the day to sustain her at night?

Suggestions. I'm very frustrated.

T.

Offline millzie27

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Night wakings, reflux and 12 week old
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 13:58:48 pm »
Let me also add that she will sleep the two hour stretches required for the 4 hour EASY, but finds the activity period to be a bit long.

Hmmm...I'm stuck.

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: Night wakings, reflux and 12 week old
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 01:01:31 am »
If she's finding the activity time too long on 4hr EASY, I would probably go down to 3.5hr EASY (in between)? I actually think 3-4 hrs at night is ok for 3mo's :-\

20/06/2012 - my angel baby