Author Topic: Introducing milk as well as dropping bottle  (Read 3237 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Introducing milk as well as dropping bottle
« on: June 30, 2014, 11:04:18 am »
Lo just turned one! He currently has 2 bottles one in morning and one at night before bed. He usually drinks about 16-18 oz. I'm going to mix a little milk into his bottle with formula but should I do this with just one bottle or both? I'm also going to drop morning bottle and  offer milk/formula in sippy cup.  Should I offer the milk formula combo in his bottle or just put it in the cup? As of now I still hold him in lap and feed him I'm not sure what he will do when I just hand him a sippy cup instead lol. He's pretty interested in his breakfast so I'm wondering if I should offer the cup right befire breakfast or with it. I don't think he will drink it if there's food on his plate lol.

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: Introducing milk as well as dropping bottle
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 05:06:39 am »
Happy birthday to your LO!

He's had exposure to milk before in foods, right?  If so, I don't think it matters when you offer the milk/formula combo.  I might do it at both for the consistency.  I'd probably try the cup before breakfast , as long as he's still eating breakfast -- has he had a sippy before for other things?  As long as he's used to it, he should transition decently to the cup for milk -- it doesn't really matter if you hand it to him or snuggle as he drinks -- eventually it will happen with breakfast but for now I wouldn't worry.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 00:17:36 am »
He's not taking very much from the morning sippy cup. I'm offering 9 oz which he usually takes about 7-9 in his bottle. He's only taking about 4-5. It's still a combo of formula and milk. I guess once it's just all milk I can offer him some throughout the day and not be worried that he's not taking the whole cup in the morning.

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 04:14:21 am »
I think you're exactly right -- if he'll eat other dairy like yogurt and cheese you don't have to worry as much about the milk anyway!