Author Topic: Dropped DF now 10.5 month old waking at night!!!!  (Read 1617 times)

Offline Green007

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Dropped DF now 10.5 month old waking at night!!!!
« on: May 08, 2014, 15:02:54 pm »
We just recently phased out the DF. She's 10.5 months old and started waking at night...around 3-4am. I've let her fuss but when she starts to cry I of course go in. She IS teething. Can see two top incisors through the gums. Question is...I don't know if she's waking due to hunger OR teething. She has been quite irritable/clingy last few days. The last 2 nights when she woke I gave her Advil and 4oz of formula and she went back to bed. So I don't know if I should put the DF back in? Or is there a period of adjustment or could this be teething? During the day she gets 4 bottles...6-7 oz each. She drinks til she's full. She eats breakfast, lunch and had a snack at dinner time. At every meal, she eats til she's full.

Daily formula intake 23-27 oz
Breakfast is 4 tbsp cereal with ounce of formula
Lunch is 3 servings of veg/fruit and either a tbsp of cereal or chicken. Plus some crackers.
Snack is a serving of yogurt, and/or 2 crackers and cream cheese.

She's about 21lbs

Any advice? Suggestions?

Her Schedule

6 am awake
6:30. 7 oz formula
8:15 4 tbsp cereal with 1 oz formula
9:30-11 nap
11:15 6 oz formula
1:00 lunch
2:15-3 nap
3:30 5-6 oz formula
5:00 snack
6:30 5-6 oz formula and bed.

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Dropped DF now 10.5 month old waking at night!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 13:17:38 pm »
I'd say it's the teeth not hunger. I would give meds and resettle, maybe offer a sip of water rather than the milk.

I found that giving ibuprofen at bedtime was more effective for teething as it lasts longer, then we gave paracetamol (calpol in the UK) if they woke or sometimes as a dream med.

Laura

Offline Green007

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Dropped DF now 10.5 month old waking at night!!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 21:07:25 pm »
Thank u for that. I reinstated the DF and she's been sleeping again. So it was the lack of feeding at night. She's almost 11 months...this is so ridiculous :(  I feel she's drinking too much formula and not enough solids as it is. Ugh.