Author Topic: Help! 11.5 month old up at night, early in the morning, and crabby all day!  (Read 1095 times)

Offline jmwahlberg

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Hi,

My previously happy, 11.5 month old great sleeper has become a terror the past 2 weeks. He is not teething. He is getting close to walking... He wakes up 2-3 times at night, whines, talks to himself for a while and falls back asleep. At 6:30 in the morning he has been waking up and will NOT go back to sleep. Naps have been pretty good, 1-2 hrs each. My biggest issue is that he is so crabby ALL day long. I can't cook or eat or anything without him crying at my feet. He cheers up if we are outside, but I can't be going outside all day to amuse him. Two days ago he slept to his normal wake up time at 8AM and was cheery all day, so I can only think its a sleep issue?

Normal schedule:

8AM- wake, 6oz bottle
8:30- breakfast
10:30-12:00 nap 1 (1.5-2 hrs)
12:30- lunch
2:00-6oz bottle
3-3:30 nap 2 (45-1:30)
5:00 snack
6:00 dinner
7:15 bath
8 bed

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
Hi hun, looks like you are in the throes of the 2-1 change. So it looks as if there may be two issues. One is a little SA which is normal and OT from the NW's can cause grumpiness in the middle of the day.  Have you taken a look at the 2-1 threads?
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline jmwahlberg

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Bummer, I was afraid of that. I don't think he can handle the awake times yet. I will look through the boards for some ideas. Thanks for your help.

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
Hi hun any luck? Maybe you want to pop onto the toddler sleep board if you lo has hit a year?
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**