Author Topic: Wonder weeks?!  (Read 2799 times)

Offline Florena49

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 27
« on: April 23, 2014, 07:55:54 am »
I thought this wonder weeks business was rubbish, the way I see it babies change so rapidly in the first 20 months how cN someone possible pinpoint when that happens and what exactly happens to them.
About 2 weeks ago Oskar started getting fussy, i mean not just here and there, but always, doesn't want to be put down, always wants to be entertained and carried around, cries more, does not wan to get dressed ( never a problem before) more difficult to settle for naps, well u name it, its happening here and frankly lodging around a nearly 10 kilo baby all day is exhausting!
I downloaded the wonder weeks app on my phone and it literally describes everything thats happening at the moment.
Just really wondering if anyone else experienced this around 6 months mark?  Apparently the developmetal leap is coming to an end and it will leave me exhausted.....
Viktoria

Mum to Oskar 25/10/2013 and Maksim 19/07/2015

Offline Shdef

• Showing Appreciation 419
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 07:57:13 am »
Have you got a wrap or soft-structured carrier? You won't even feel his weight! Might he be teething?

Offline Florena49

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 08:39:15 am »
I have a carrier, but its one of those backpack types and it kills my shoulders, i did think teething, but honestly he has been biting and drooling crazy for well over a month now, surely i cant put everything down to teething. When we went to the doctors 3 weeks ago she did say that je can feel the teeth right under his gums and they should be coming out soon, so im half waiting for a tooth to pop out or this developmental nonsense to stop for a bit to give me a break.
Viktoria

Offline cath~

• Showing Appreciation 152
Re: Wonder weeks?!
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 08:45:58 am »
The wonder weeks were sooo accurate for L and yes, they did end when they said they would, so hang in there!  I used to go for a lot of walks with L anyway, but during the WWs we'd go for way more.  Can you get out for a walk in the fresh air?  It always made me feel better.

They also seem to be spot on for H too although she's not been so affected by them (apart from her sleep).

Some leaps seem to be harder for babies than others so maybe that's why you haven't really noticed it before.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 08:48:20 am by cathn »
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old

Offline Florena49

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 08:56:11 am »
Uh oh, apparently i have another 6 days of this.  Thinking about it i do remember  period where he was whining before but it just wasnt as intense and we had short naps back then so i just put it down to tiredness im sure.
We do go out as much as we can, but not for sleep time, as wont sleep for longer than 30-40 mins in the pram, so we will go shopping etc, but have to be moving pretty consistantly else he gets grouchy again. Oh im counting days.....
Viktoria

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 10:55:49 am »
I had that app too it's fab and soooo accurate, gave me something to help me through it and cling on to my sanity!
Hope the last few days pass quickly x
Zoe

Offline Jbla17

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 11:08:45 am »
I've found the wonder weeks to be incredibly accurate for my LO. I discovered this at leap 2 and have been following ever since. ( have read the book also) She has always been bang on with the start date of fussiness/ different behaviour than we are used to. She is usually very settled and happy. All of a sudden naps go out the window and I'm wondering where I've gone wrong!! We've just gone into leap 5 and I'm noticing a change in her. Nap troubles..... The usual! She has always been really good at night. Even if it just gives you a reason for why things have gone wonky it helps to be able to deal with it I think! I've read that "teething" could just be the universal excuse for fussiness/non sleeping!! I'm yet to confirm or deny this as my LO doesn't have any yet!! Best option i reckon is to just go with the flow .....or try to!! and know it WILL end and bubs little world makes even more sense than it did before the leap :-)

Offline Florena49

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 12:20:56 pm »
He is generally such a happy chap, rarely cries and just a very content baby, so him being so much hard work and demanding is just a shock to the system thats all. Im pleased to hear that this happens to all and im not just clinging onto some sort of "rubbish" excuse besides teething!
He is getting christened tomorrow, so with his mood swings that could be a rather noisy ceremony! All good fun of course, im sure they have seen squeeling babies before!
Viktoria

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 17:18:07 pm »
Have you got a wrap or soft-structured carrier? You won't even feel his weight! Might he be teething?

I second this idea...I have a mei tai and a soft structured carrier that I got second hand and when DD3 is clingy (or just when I need to do housework like vacuuming or mopping!) then I wear her. She is about 8.5 kg and I am a tiny person but with the right carrier you don't feel it.

Must see if their is an android wonder weeks app!
Heidi

Offline Florena49

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 17:26:42 pm »
I better look into that, i tried the carrier today and although he was more content it nearly killed me after 40 minutes and im sure its not all that great for circulation for the bub to be spending hours in the nackpack style one that i have.
Viktoria