Author Topic: Confused about this (4m nap times)  (Read 1053 times)

Offline dache

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 22
Confused about this (4m nap times)
« on: April 28, 2014, 12:51:03 pm »
What do you do if the baby has had a rough night?
Last night lo did not slept well,waking a few times. I fed her at 2am and then she  woke up today at 5 crying but a cry that I do not recognize, I tried giving her milk but she did not wanted to eat, after a few minutes of crying while I was trying to give her the paci she went back to sleep. Not sure what was that about :-\ or if she really went back to sleep or just nod of and woke up and didnt cry any more. So I left her in her cot in the morning thinking she might go back to sleep. She didnt. On her next nap when I went to wake her up she looked so tiered I left her sleep 30m more. So she was a wake for 2,5h insted of 2 for her next A time. And now she is asleep and did not wake up (usually around the 45m mark she wakes up and I go in to give her the paci and she goes back to sleep).
Not sure how to proceed. Im now thinking that she might be waking up after 45m because she is UD. But if I do keep her up for 2.5 how do I manage EASY? She is 4m 1w. And I just started implementing 4h EAS.   
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 15:30:48 pm by Tinkerbell99 »

Offline TB9

• Showing Appreciation 60
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 17:02:14 pm »
Hmmm, 2.5hrs A might be too much have you tried 2hr15min A to see if that helps her get past 45min?  You might have to sneak an extra E in 30min before naptime if she has long A times and cant get a good nap before her next feed.

Offline dache

Re: Confused about this (4m nap times)
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 19:11:08 pm »
hmm she is acting strange. I dont know if it is because I changed her EASY form 3 to 4h. She was napping ok before, 1 1/2h but I started 4h EAS because of NW. Or she might be going trough a growth sprout. Her naps are all over the place 50mins, 1 1/2h 2 1/2h (i did let her sleep in this past two days because she looks so tiered when I go to wake her up).
This is her routine now (at least what Im trying to be)
WU 7 (well she is up before that but now she can stay cooing or fussing in the cot but I dont pick her up)
E 7:10 (or she is up a lot earlier 6:30)
A until 9
S 9:00-11:00
E 11:00
A 11:20-1:00
S 1:00-3:00
E 3:00
A 3:20-5:00
S catnap 45 until 5:45
A 5:45-6:30
E 6:30
A bath, PJ`s, wind down
BT 7:00/7:30
She was doing fine for the first 2 days when I started this routine and she woke up only once at 3am for a feed (she is not eating enough in the day+ the vomiting and she is not gaining enough weight so I know she needs that feed) Sometimes she wakes at 5/5:30 and I give her diluted formula 3:1. But now she doesnt want to take that feed, she does wake up fuss and cries and I try to give her the paci and feed her but she dosnt want to, after a 5-10m she goes back to sleep with the paci.
Are you saying that I need to insert E before all the naps?
What EASY should look like if I try 3 1/2h routine? She has 2h A and 1 1/2h naps? and a catnap?

Offline dache

Re: Confused about this
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 05:28:24 am »
Maybe this topic should be moved to EASY board. Its not just the naps, its her whole day and night that is a mess.  :-\
I was thinking that maybe the UW are habitual so I wanted to try W2S at 4 but she woke on her own and went to sleep for an hour and woke up finally at 5 and did not went back to sleep.
Now I dont know how to continue the day. She`s been up for 2h now,(we did not picked her up, almost always we try to calm her down in the cot and to to pick her up before 6:30-7am) so it would be time for her next nap again making chaos of the day. But if I keep her awake a while Im afraid she`d be OT.

Offline TB9

• Showing Appreciation 60
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 15:30:18 pm »
I will move this over to the EASY board for you then hun :)