Author Topic: HELP! No catnap or nap in afternoon, EASY not so easy  (Read 928 times)

Offline jnduff

• Love being a mama
  • New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
HELP! No catnap or nap in afternoon, EASY not so easy
« on: April 30, 2014, 00:46:34 am »
My LO is going to be 12 weeks this week.  We have had some reflux issues but overall is/was a good sleeper and good eater.  My problem is that we can have a great day or so I think on the EASY but then 3 or 4 pm hits and he cries and screams until and through bath and bedtime routine at 6:30...thus making it hard to settle him for the night.  Our routine can get a bit crazy as I have 2 other children to take in the morning and pick up in the afternoon.  However, he is sleeping at least 2.5 or 3 hours at his first 2 naps of the day, could that be too much sleep?  I don't wake him during the day to feed if it's coming up on a 3 or 4 hours, unless I have to leave the house, should I be?  At night he will go 6+ hours and we don't do a dream feed???  HELP!!!

Our routine
6:15 -6:30 eat
6:30-7 activity
7-10 sleep on and off/car seat -errands (just today, not normally)
10:05-10:30 eat
10:30-11 activity
11:05-2:05 sleep
2:05-2:25 eat
2:25-3:00 activity
3:00 -3:40 sleep - but could tell still tired
Tried to put down until 5:20
5:20 eat
5:35 -6:25 activity
6:30 bath and bed routine
6:50 eat
7:05 bed/sleep

Another problem that I see coming is that I will be returning to work next week and am not sure what the heck to do then with his routine....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I am trying not to get frustrated.

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: HELP! No catnap or nap in afternoon, EASY not so easy
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 02:11:16 am »
Hi there, is his reflux quite sorted out now? It sounds to me like those 2 big naps could be taking away from getting that little CN to get him though to BT. Neither of my LOs were huge nappers but if I were you, I would wake at 2.5 hours to maybe balance out the end of the day a bit. If you are able to get a CN, say 45 minutes or less, I would surely try ( I KNOW it is tough with more than 1 LO to have routine totally dialed!) to keep that last A less than 2 hours. "Typical" sleep for this age is either 2 2-3 hour naps OR 2 1.5-2 hour naps and a 40 min CN. What do you think?

Maryn

[/url]

Offline jnduff

• Love being a mama
  • New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: HELP! No catnap or nap in afternoon, EASY not so easy
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 16:44:21 pm »
The reflux is somewhat better, we are currently seeing a chiropractor and have seen some improvement.  I will say its as if he doesn't act as though he has it...a very good eater and just spits up from a little to a lot depending.  The last two days I woke him at the 2 -2.5 hour mark on his naps and both evenings went much better.  Thanks for the support and idea.  Now I just need together more consistent on his routine as I head back to work tomorrow for only 6 short weeks (I'm a teacher).