Author Topic: 4mo completely off the rails...  (Read 777 times)

Offline mama_tutu

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: May 01, 2014, 17:18:50 pm »
While my 4 (almost 5) mo old DD's day sleep has never been predictable, she went down easy and and her night sleep was great (8:00-6:30 with a dream feed). Around 18 weeks I think, everything started to fall apart. At first we blamed her 4 month shots... Then wonder weeks said 19 weeks is a difficult leap, then we all got horrible colds, then a stomach virus. Oh, and she still gets stuck on her belly, although she has learned it's okay to sleep like that... Eventually.

It's like having a newborn again, and I'm about to lose my mind. Her sister was on a great routine by this point, using EASY. We have the EAS order down, but the times are all over the place. I think the main issue is that I cannot figure out the proper A time that works best for her. Sometimes 2 hours is great... Sometimes it's too long. Sometimes not long enough. Her cues have always been non existent... No yawns, eye rubs... She'll just get fussy, but that's not a reliable sign. I have no idea how to straighten her out. Please help! Her natural disposition is so happy and bubbly and curious... I hate to see her upset all the time bc she isn't getting good sleep.

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: 4mo completely off the rails...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 01:47:16 am »
Oh hun, I know! If you ask me 4 months is worse than a newborn, or it was for both of my LOs! Sounds like you all have really been through the ringer! Massive hugs.
OK, what does a "typical" day look like? I would take sleepy cues with a grain of salt at this age, probably aim for about 2 hours, maybe a dab more, between full naps. If less than full than maybe cut 20 minutes off of A time. Does she have any reflux or discomfort? 4 months is prime time for messy and horrid naps and things will get better in time, as I am sure you know. Has she been an independent sleeper before all the chaos? How does she do with shh/pat? Hang in there!

Maryn

[/url]