Author Topic: EASY and daycare help needed  (Read 871 times)

Offline jnduff

• Love being a mama
  • New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
EASY and daycare help needed
« on: May 04, 2014, 17:07:15 pm »
I am headed back to work tomorrow but only for 6 weeks.  I am a teacher!  My LO is 12 weeks old and is doing fairly well on EASY.  I would say though that I have not been consistent on exact times...for example he doesn't eat everyday at 7, 10, 1, etc.  he is on a 3.5 to 4 hour easy as I think he can go quite a while between feeds.  Also at night he is going from bedtime at 7 until 1:30 or 2 to eat most nights. 

My question is what do I do about daycare?  Do we wing it for 6 weeks and push it once I am home or push it now.  I am pretty sure that I already know the answer, push it now!  Also what do I do when he will have to get up so early...like 615 to eat...do I start his EASY from there?  I will say that we are separating E and S with activity but sometimes it's more EASAEAS....

Not sure if we are doing good or I need to start changing things.  Help!

Offline goldmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 23
Re: EASY and daycare help needed
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 17:15:35 pm »
Definitely start the day when you get him up, if 6:15 is wakeup, then start calculating A times from then.

I would just try to keep it at a general EAS routine, and aim for naps after the age appropriate A time (or cues if you LO gives them), but it may be too hard to try to work it out with daycare (but you never know). After 6 weeks your LO will still be pretty young and you can continue from there.

The EASAEAS routine is pretty typical for short naps, we did that a lot in order to help space out the feeds.

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: EASY and daycare help needed
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 19:01:52 pm »
I suspect with daycare things will go somewhat awry anyway......not saying this to put you off, just know that the concept of A times and adjusting them depending on naps is a bit much for most daycares to follow.  Realistically they will end up giving her naps when she looks like she needs them - and that's probably not as often as she does!  So be prepared for some OT and a bit of an adjustment period.  If it were me, I would just ask that daycare avoid giving her a bottle to sleep (although it is likely they will use other methods eg rocking, rubbing her back etc) and then wing it for the next few weeks.  Much less pressure on you, and as pp said your LO will still be plenty young enough once you're at home again to get a good EASY routine established x