Author Topic: 10mth - where is it going wrong?  (Read 917 times)

Offline kbecks

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 05, 2014, 05:20:08 am »
After nearly getting a stable EASY everything seems to be falling apart!!!

I'm getting consistent EW and I can't seem to figure out why.

Generally my lo routine was

WO 630
E bottle then solids about an hour later
A 3.5-4hrs
S 10-11.30
E 11.30-12
A 11.30-3
S 3-3.30
A 3.30-6.45
S by 7

Nursery days aren't like this as she has short earlier naps but generally that isn't creating EW earlier than 6.10.

For the last 10 days 6.10 was the WO every day but for the last few mornings it's been 5.30am!!!

She has been a lot more wingey recently and when she wakes up in her cot she used to babble for ages and play but now she babbles for 30 secs then screams until you go in and won't stay there long.

Yesterday she fell asleep at 8.30am so only after 3hrs A and last nightI had a 1-3.30am wake up. She only feel asleep because I gave her a bottle which she hasn't had for months at night !!!

She has had a cold and I'm battling a really bad virus (and DH is away all weekend!) So I know this could contribute but I'm not completely convinced it's the only reason.

Any ideas or known issues around this age?

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: 10mth - where is it going wrong?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 20:34:43 pm »
Long NW's can mean discomfort here. Teeth maybe? Still leftover yuckiness from sickness? Is she waking in the early evening at all after BT? If so, I would suspect that the 3.5 hour A on a 30 minute nap could be catching up to her. POssibly, that OT could be contributing to the EW? At this age, I would "set" that first nap to be "no earlier than" say, 10 so the day doesn't keep getting earlier and ealier due to EW. What do you think?

Maryn

[/url]

Offline kbecks

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 08:15:07 am »
Thanks for the help nevinsmama.

The weekend didn't get much better though the last coupleof mornings we had 6am WU but the one on Monday was because of a 2.5hr NW!

Last night she STTN but that was after a 1.5hr screaming session to get her to bed. Yesterday's routine was ok so really not sure of the setting issue at night. As I said in my last post in really not sure where it's going wrong.

WU 6.05
Nap 1 - 9.45-11.15 ish
Nap 2 - 2.15-2.45
BT - 6.30
WU 6.50-8.10
S 8.10-6.05am

One thing I did when she woke up was take off a layer of her sleeping bags as she gotreally hot. Maybe that's what's been upsetting her????

Well she's at nursery today which normally wipes her out so hopefully tonight will be normal. Also investing in some menthol products as she's getting a cough now.

If you have any tips let me know though I'm hoping the weekend was just a phase...until the next one!!!

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: 10mth - where is it going wrong?
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 01:02:41 am »
The cough sounds suspicious of causing night time chaos but I would try to push out your first A to a solid 4 hour in hopes of  moving the day out a bit. I would try to move your 2nd A to 3.5 as well. I suspect that last 4 hour A after only a 30 minute nap is not helping BT. Being too hot could be culprit as well...hope she gets over her cough quickly! :)

Maryn

[/url]