Author Topic: Implementing EASY for the first time with 6.5mo  (Read 3802 times)

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: Implementing EASY for the first time with 6.5mo
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2014, 09:37:13 am »
Just checking in to see how things are going? Have you increased the first a to 2hrs 45mins yet? If so, how's she doing?

Offline Sephy

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2014, 09:50:23 am »
Thanks Kelly.

Yesterday I increased it to 2 hr 45 and she slept for about an hour and ten minutes which isn't too bad.

I also decided that I need to get out a bit more before I go mad and so went to lunch with my NCt group which was lovely, but meant she had her afternoon nap in the car after about 4 hours... Oops. I kept driving to try and keep her asleep but she lasted just 40 mins. Still, she was pretty cheerful on it - I suspect she may have got sick of just looking at me too!

The big news is that less than 2 weeks after starting the BW book and using PUPD and shh pat etc she has now gone to bed the last two nights on her own in the cot, with me leaving her wide awake and listening to a bit of babbling and the occasional shout (but no crying) on the monitor. That is a really good start, not least because I'm hopeful that DH or grandma might be able to replicate it and allow me an evening off someday!

She still woke twice in the night last night, once I fed her and left her happy and awake, only to have to return half an hour later as she just started to cry because of a dirty nappy. Ah well.

And then she was really ready to wake up at 545 - perhaps a consequence of rubbish naps yesterday.

This morning hasn't started too well as she refused to nap in her (still) buggy in a quiet room at a play group I go to, so I've brought her home for a cot nap 3hr 20 after wake up. Oops again. I definitely need to come up with some strategies for getting out and not going stir crazy at home, but perhaps it's worth sticking to things during A time only for a few more weeks while she gets the hang of this self settling malarkey.

Thanks as ever Kelly for your interest and listening so supportively.

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2014, 10:23:50 am »
I think that's brilliant! What a difference eh?

We all need to get out and about.. I just try and do at least one decent nap at home. It's easier when they get older and have one long nap and one cat nap. My LO would only ever have 40mins in the car too, but at least it's something.

An hour and 10mins nap is great. I'd be tempted to increase it another 15mins to get to 3hrs in a couple of days. What do to you think? Was she ok today after 3hrs 20?

Today's early wu might be a coincidence, but I have a feeling she's ready to increase the A more now we've started playing around with the times. My LO did the exact same thing. Once I increased her from 2hrs, then came 2.5hrs, then 3hrs now 4.5hrs! (Not saying yours is as crazy as mine though!) Only identified by the early WU's. I'd just keep an eye on it, it might not get to regular early WU's as you're increasing the A's now.

How's the rest of the day going? She might be able to increase her second A now she's getting a decent nap in the morning...

And my pleasure.. Anytime! It's just so lovely to hear it's all working out  ;D