Author Topic: how does it all fit now with long awake times? 8month old  (Read 1050 times)

Offline mommytogabriel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
how does it all fit now with long awake times? 8month old
« on: May 06, 2014, 15:29:40 pm »
Hi everyone :)

My little boy is pretty textbbook in his A times. Hes up 3.15hrs for each awake time (8mnthold) My question is, how do the naps all fit in all the while preserving bedtime when his A time gets closer to 4hrs?
Right now his schedule is (note.. his best nap is in the am )

wake-7am
sleep-1015-1145am
wake-1145-300pm
sleep-300pm-415pm (wake)
wake-415-730pm

What should i do when he hits 3.30HRS A time with each awake time?

Offline Jbla17

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Re: how does it all fit now with long awake times? 8month old
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 00:54:47 am »
Hi  :)

I thought I would post to give you a bump and just to say I'm experiencing the same thing with my 6 month old. We are looking at transitioning 3-2 and yesterday actually worked well! Today has not started with a good nap so we will see what happens.

I'm also wondering this same thing and I think the solution or what you will end up happening us that afternoon sleep will become a catnap which will eventually phase out like with 3-2 transition. I would say as the wake times keep increasing you will have to cap one of those naps.

You said the morning nap was the best so maybe stick with that and cap the arvo so your LO is tired for BT.
Eventually that morning nap will move later to around lunch time and you will have just the one nap  :)

Hopefully one of the very clever and helpful ladies will take a look at this for you too. They might have some other suggestions.

Hope that helps you a little x

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 04:07:59 am »
I think your post is bang on Jbla17...some kids do well with a shorter morning nap/longer pm nap but mine have all just pushed the morning nap later with the pm catnap until we did one nap. Before you hit one nap sometimes the day does have to be a bit longer to fit it all in though!
Heidi

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 10:15:43 am »
It's hard work, that's what it is!! Luckily my DD likes varied A times throughout the day. 4.5hrs for the first A, 3.5hrs for the second and 2.75hrs for the third before BT.

We do a longer am nap of 1.5hrs and a capped cat nap of 30mins in the afternoon. 13hrs day total atm. However, 10mins too much sleep, or too little sleep throws everything off for the next day as there's no margin for error  ::)

Hth xx