Author Topic: 7/8mth old how much daily total?  (Read 1853 times)

Offline babybarr

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 224
7/8mth old how much daily total?
« on: May 08, 2014, 06:32:57 am »
I wonder if you could post what your 7 or 8mth old is eating on a daily basis - inlcuding milk please?

Perhaps include their weight (if poss) my boys are now about 21lbs!!  (I know who'd have thought it! 75th centile height too!) and I'm not sure they're eating enough???

TIA
LAURA xx

lilac83

Re: 7/8mth old how much daily total?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 14:29:48 pm »
At that age dd was drinking four 7oz bottles, some days she would finish them other days not. She was drinking them at 7:15, 11:30, 3:30 and 7:00.
She was also eating 3 meals of 2-3 homemade baby food cubes at each meal, so about 2-3oz, and no finger food yet. At 8 months I added yogurt into her breakfast and started offering cheerios.

Offline Mom-of-boys

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 17:27:12 pm »
Right now on a typical day, my DS2 eats 4 bottles of 6-8 oz.  I have been trying to feed him 3 meals a day so he fits in with the rest of the family's eating routine.  Sometimes he eats 1 oz of purée, sometimes closer to 2 oz.  I haven't tried finger foods yet, but planning too when he turns 8 months teeth or not. :). He doesn't seem overly thrilled by solids, but maybe he'll like finger foods better.  And I just noticed our babies are 2 days apart. :).

Offline lauradj

• Showing Appreciation 61
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 23:20:39 pm »
My DS is 9 months but he's a small eater.  He gets three 8oz bottles every day plus 2-4oz of food at breakfast, lunch and dinner.  I haven't weighed him in 3 months but I'm guessing 19-20lbs.

Offline babybarr

• Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 20:02:40 pm »
Thanks. One of my boys seems to be unsettled by solids and the other loves them (generally) but I get such conflicting information with what and how much they should be having and it seems to vary depending on where you come from.
LAURA xx

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 02:08:27 am »
E was (and is still) having 4 x 8 oz bottles and two meals...breakfast of avocado/fruit/oatmeal is spoon fed & supper is all blw. Cannot quite figure out where to add a third meal with her nap so have left it for now.

The recs here changed drastically since DD2 was a baby!
Heidi