Author Topic: How much do you reduce A time after a short nap? (3mo)  (Read 1196 times)

Offline cath~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 152
How much do you reduce A time after a short nap? (3mo)
« on: May 08, 2014, 09:59:59 am »
H's A times are now around 1hr45 or even up to 2 hrs, after morning WU or a good 2hr nap.

However, I'm having trouble judging when to put her down if she does a short nap (45 mins, say).  I think part of the trouble is she's in a WW ATM and seems to get os quite easily, which can look like she's tired.. :-\

Just wondered what other ppl do, to have an idea of what is a "normal" reduction in A time after a short nap.
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old

Offline nevinsmama

• Showing Appreciation 59
Re: How much do you reduce A time after a short nap? (3mo)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 18:02:50 pm »
20-30 minutes off Ivy. I have heard that kicked around a lot on here too. There are always the LOs who need a full A after a short nap and some need more cut off but "generally speaking" I would say maybe 1 hour20 or so while watching carefully?

Maryn

[/url]

Offline cath~

• Showing Appreciation 152
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 09:58:40 am »
Thank you!  I think I was reducing her A time too much after a short nap so that the next one wasn't much better either.  First nap today was 45 mins so have tried not reducing A time so much to see if that helps.  She's not settling so well though so I might have pushed her too far (I'm shh-patting now) but she hadn't shown any tired signs :-\
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old

Offline nevinsmama

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 10:46:29 am »
She's not settling so well though so I might have pushed her too far (I'm shh-patting now) but she hadn't shown any tired signs
Sleep little one! :) DD had notoriously vague tired signs, so hard to base much off of them even when she was tiny! Hope she slept ok!

Maryn

[/url]