Author Topic: Extend A time for 6mo  (Read 845 times)

Offline Haylam_e

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« on: May 08, 2014, 18:57:39 pm »
Hi,
My lo is finally napping properly between 1.5-2hrs each time. his A time is 2 hours and if I try pushing it, he gets OT and is so hard to settle for nap.
What I understand is that A time should be slightly longer for his age. He has had 2hr A time since he was 4 mo. I try to extend 15 min some A times but he gets so tired that it takes ages to settle him. If I put him down just before 2hrs is due, I can just put him down and he will self soothe within 5 min without me being there in the room with him.

Everyday is different but today was like this:
WU 7.00am
E 7.15
S 9.05-10.35
E 10.45 (he was screaming as he was hungry so fed him earlier)
S 12.05-1.25 (had to put him down as he was tired and started fussying and crying)
E 2.45 (solids)
S 3.15-3.45 (was grumpy and tired so had to put him down for a nap)
E 4.00
S 5.50-6.40
4oz milk at bedtime 7.30

Should I still extend A time for him in general?

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Extend A time for 6mo
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 20:10:41 pm »
Are you having any issues with night wakings or early wakings?  Or does his routine not fit around other things you need to do?  How is his mood in general?

Honestly if nothing's wrong, don't change anything.  There's no such thing as an A time a LO 'should' be doing, just a guide to averages at various ages.  The time for tweaking is when you're running into problems :)

(Just as a little thought when and if you do come to tweaking, his last A time is huge after a really short nap which may explain why other A times are short - he might be using them to catch up.  But not a problem in and of itself unless there are other issues developing)

Offline Haylam_e

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 21:00:43 pm »
Nights are a hit and miss. Some nights he wakes up twice which is fine with me. Usually around 10-11pm which I treat as a DF. Then next wake up can be anytime between 2-4.

This evening has so far been a hassle. Bedtime was 7.30. Woke up at 8.30 and i resettled him with PU/PD. Next wake up 9.15. Couldn't get him to back to sleep without fidgeting. Constantly crying and the only thing that worked was to BF him back to sleep now at 10pm. Will see what happens next....

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: Extend A time for 6mo
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 02:20:09 am »
Just wanted to pop on and say I totally agree with everything Katherine said. Your most recent post makes me suggest the 6 month Growth Spurt. What do you think?

Maryn

[/url]

Offline Haylam_e

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 06:01:36 am »
Not sure if we have hit that growth spurt yet tbh. So after the last post, he woke up at 1.30 so fed him. And he then cooed till about 2.15 and went back to sleep.
And today he woke up at 6.40.
I guess it's not too bad apart from the early evening wake up that took me ages to put him down.
As for growth spurt, what can I expect from that? Feeding a lot at night too?