Author Topic: bath toys for 2 yo?  (Read 4169 times)

Offline haribo89

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: May 09, 2014, 19:08:57 pm »
My DD loves bath time and has one every nighy. For her birthday and xmas's she always has a lot of new bath toys to keep her going for a good while. However we can seem to find anything we think she will like for her 2nd birthday. Any ideas? What was your LOs favourite bath toy at 2-3?

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
Re: bath toys for 2 yo?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 19:25:56 pm »
I think we had a load of different things, but honestly what has lasted the longest is a cheap plastic pipette and a bucket!

You can get some fancy versions on amazon, but we found that they tended to fail a lot quicker.
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 19:27:04 pm »
Sorry, I meant a mini bucket - we have one from tub trug which cost a quid.
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 19:59:54 pm »
Stacking funnels (£ shop) and stacking cups (£ shop), great for pouring water one to the other and exploring volume.
Large foam letters and numbers that stick to the side of the bath (no need to put them all in at once).
plastic animals - farm, safari, sea life - for imaginary play

Offline *Liz*

• Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 20:23:32 pm »
Dinosaurs and Octonauts.

Empty plastic bottles for pouring.

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 21:43:52 pm »
Best toy by far is

http://www.amazon.co.uk/WOW-Toys-Dannys-Diving-Adventure/dp/B00009YOTO/ref=sr_1_4?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1399671780&sr=1-4&keywords=diver

it lasts forever, and Olly still plays with it now. In fact last night I found the boy diver in bed with him!

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 09:19:17 am »
That looks brilliant! DS loves Wow toys (I sometimes think they look a bit babyish) - I've just added it to his wish list :)

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 09:21:50 am »
Honestly, most played-with toys are a load of empty plastic bottles and pots!  She will sit for her entire bath pouring from one to the other ;D

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 18:50:06 pm »
That looks brilliant! DS loves Wow toys (I sometimes think they look a bit babyish) - I've just added it to his wish list :)

The best thing is it doesn't get mouldy like every other flipping bath toy seems to!

Offline Mashi

• Showing Appreciation 408
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2014, 11:06:48 am »
Plastic cups, a medicine syringe, and plastic toy animals.   DS still plays with them in the shower.  And the shower squeegee!

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2014, 17:31:34 pm »
A water squirting tree frog (I always look out for things that will exercise DS's hands as they don't seem as strong as other kids)

Offline haribo89

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2014, 12:57:08 pm »
Its seems plastic bottles/cups etc seem to be the firm fav, although that wow toy looks a little different and somewhat inexpensive compared to some bath toys, i'll add that to the list a long with foam numbers.
I feel like a terrible mum saying shes never played with bottles and similar things in the bath before.
Shes got/had a swimming frog, lots of different squirters, fishing net, singing penguin, bubble machine, sprinkler toy, piano thing, doll in own bath, swimming fish, peppa pig boat, tea set for bath, bath stacking cups, lots of different boats, bath crayons and she likes them all but only for a while. I'll definatly give her some cups and bottles tonight and i bet she will have more fun than with her toys, i know i did as a kid.

Offline We Three

• Showing Appreciation 418
  • The Sweetest Thing....
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2014, 13:10:11 pm »
 DD had a small muffin tin and a ladle.  And a littlw water-wheel thingee that would spin when you poured water on it. Also a mini slide that attached to the wall, and it had little mermaids that slid down into the water....LOL....was so fun!  Also alphabet foam letters that stuck to the tile...loved those!

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2014, 13:11:32 pm »
Ya, we use plastic bottles/cups and sand buckets also.  BUT, his other fav thing is bath crayons.  He can colour all over the tub and the tile walls inside the shower and it just wipes off!  He thinks this is just great :)

Offline cath~

• Showing Appreciation 152
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2014, 15:01:02 pm »
L is very happy with a few old bubble bath/shampoo bottles and lids, and a couple of ducks.
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old

Offline Mashi

• Showing Appreciation 408
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2014, 17:40:23 pm »
Something else I thought of (tonight in the shower with DS!) he has a plastic ice cream scooper and matching plastic cone.  They are actually sand toys but he has one set int he bath/shower and the other for the sand.  He likes making soap or rinsing shampoo into the cone to see how high he can build the cone.  When he was younger we had three little plastic balls (outside toys, not specifically bath toys) but they fit well into the top of the cone, and he played ice cream shop for HOURS in the bath. 

When we were kids my mom always used to give us the hand egg beater to play with. I remember she bought my sister one on her DD's 1st birthday and all of my sister's children loved it too.  I looked for one when DS was born but don't know if they just don't make them any more or if they are just a North American "thing" that I can't in Europe.
https://www.google.de/search?q=hand+egg+beater&rlz=1C1ASUT_en-GBDE413DE413&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=BwdxU5ebIeuu7Aa6hoGgAw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=653&dpr=1

Ours was like the picture in the top row, 2nd from the left.  Totally 1970s style!!   :P  But in the bathtub with bubbles, OMG a child's dream, I think I played with it until I was about 9  :-[ :-[