Author Topic: Getting to Grips with EASY  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Tinkerbell1403

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 13, 2014, 06:48:03 am »
Hi all,

This is my first post on BW forum after recently discovering the EASY routine. I've been implementing the routine for a week now and my 3 month old textbook baby seems to be responding well. I have managed to increase the time between her feeds and she has been sleeping through the night. However, I started to introduce the dream feed and I'm finding she is now waking up at 3am again whereas she has been sleeping through until 6/7am. Do you think the dream feed is disturbing her? Should I drop it? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Offline Jbla17

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Re: Getting to Grips with EASY
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 07:07:34 am »
Hi  :)

Thats great that the routine is working for you and your LO....

If she has been previously sleeping through without any feeds then I would not introduce a dreamfeed. She is sleeping through as she is ready and getting enough during the day I would say, lucky you!! As you have increased time between feeds I would just keep an eye on that as that may cause a waking also.

I never did a dreamfeed either as my DD slept through early as well. Try a night without and see how it goes  :)

Offline Tinkerbell1403

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 07:11:30 am »
Hi  :)

Thats great that the routine is working for you and your LO....

If she has been previously sleeping through without any feeds then I would not introduce a dreamfeed. She is sleeping through as she is ready and getting enough during the day I would say, lucky you!! As you have increased time between feeds I would just keep an eye on that as that may cause a waking also.

I never did a dreamfeed either as my DD slept through early as well. Try a night without and see how it goes  :)

Thanks Jbla17 i think I will drop it as I'm kind of a "if it ain't broke don't fix it" sort of person. Without the dream feed she was having her last feed at 8pm ish and then going through until 5/6. And yes you're right we have been very lucky so I really don't want to mess it up now. I'm going to log her routine using the printable log sheets today to see how her day pans out too

Offline Jbla17

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 07:31:26 am »
That sounds like a great sleep  ;D, I wouldn't mess with it!

Actually pretty much the same hours for my DD at that age  :)

Offline Tinkerbell1403

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 07:36:17 am »
Well I missed out the dream feed last night and we went from 8pm til 5am. Think I'll be sticking with it as I think I was messing with her sleep pattern and that's why she was waking earlier

Offline Jbla17

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 09:08:47 am »
Awesome!! That's great  :)

Now you know she doesn't need it and hopefully she will eventually just stretch out til 6:30-7 for you. That's how it worked out for us  :) Dreamfeed isn't for everyone and that's ok.

Well done x