Author Topic: Ideas on what to feed my 21month old  (Read 3982 times)

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: Ideas on what to feed my 21month old
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2014, 21:49:50 pm »
Buntybear,is there any chance i could get your recipe for your options 7 & &, ive never used  quinoa before?

The chicken is a Fay Ripley recipe - her 2nd  book - I really recommend the book actually - really great, easy family recipes. I am trying to find it online but if not I can write it up for you.

The salmon is mix together 1 tbsp each of honey, balsamic vinegar and wholegrain mustard per salmon fillet. Pour over fillets and oven bake for 10-15 mins. The quinoa is just boiled in a bit of stock with peas mixed through and served as a side. Mega healthy meal! Olly has been known to eat 2 salmon fillets!

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Showing Appreciation 14
  • Gail
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2014, 20:05:32 pm »
I know this is a older thread but i just thought i would post a quick update to say that she is still noteating anything different and its driving me nuts. In fact she is even starting to refuse some of the few things she did eat. She will put it in her mounth then just pickit out again and tell me its "dirty", even pasta sauce if she can see flecks of herbs in it she will tell me is"dirty" before even putting it in her mouth.

Any suggestions or do i just ride it out and hope she starts eating better?

My beautiful spirited little angel

My angel baby girl

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2014, 19:44:56 pm »
Olly won't touch anything with green bits in. I think this one is totally normal and very common. No advice!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2014, 22:37:52 pm »
ven pasta sauce if she can see flecks of herbs in it she will tell me is"dirty" before even putting it in her mouth.
If this was DS and I'd already tried the "well you eat a lot of dirt in life" line and I'd already tried the "it's fine, why would I give you dirt? It's good food either eat or be hungry" line...well then...honestly...I'd probably stop using herbs for a while  :P
I mean I wouldn't like to think that I 'pander' to his whims on food but if cutting out 'dirty herbs' made the difference to him eating a plate of pasta in tomato sauce (or mixed veggies all whizzed into a smooth tomato-based sauce) or just refusing to eat, I know it'd just cut the herbs.

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Showing Appreciation 14
  • Gail
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2014, 18:44:05 pm »
ok no more herbs. But its all new foods she tells me is dirty not just ones with herbs in it   ::)

My beautiful spirited little angel

My angel baby girl