Author Topic: 11 month old STILL on 4 bottles plus a DF :S  (Read 1816 times)

Offline Green007

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
11 month old STILL on 4 bottles plus a DF :S
« on: May 11, 2014, 21:26:03 pm »
My almost 11 month old (on the 19th) is still taking 4 bottles a day plus a DF. I tried to drop bottles starting with the DF and got NW's and EW's...so I reinstated it. Can anyone please offer suggestions in how to drop this DF! Her schedule is posted below

6:00 Wake up
6:30 7 oz bottle
8:30 Breakfast
9:30-11 nap
11:30 6 oz bottle
1:30 Lunch
2:30 cat nap
3:30 6 oz bottle
5:00 Lunch-she will only snack here
6:00 5-6 oz bottle and bed
10:30 5 oz bottle.

Seems like such a young baby's schedule :S

Offline TB9

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 60
Re: 11 month old STILL on 4 bottles plus a DF :S
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 23:42:29 pm »
DD2 is 14mo and I just got her down to 4 bottles, so not unheard of!

Can you increase the oz she takes for her other bottles?

The thing that actually sorted dd2 and got her down to 4 bottles was switching to solids first.  I hadnt done it yet as she was teething and sick for a couple months and the timing was just wrong, but once I switched she went to 4 bottles pretty easily.

Offline Green007

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 23:52:41 pm »
Thank you for that. She has reflux and a big time sensitive gag reflex so things have been moving slowly as far as solids are concerned. Still working on purees. I'm actually going to call my ped in the am and ask about seeing a swallow therapist. Maybe that could give us some insight.

Maybe in another 2 weeks when she's 11.5 months I'll switch bottles and solids...see if I can get her to eat more that way.

Thank you again for your reply!

Offline Mrsb3

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 21:00:56 pm »
Hi, I'm going through the same with my 12 month old. Since around 9 months we switched his powdered milk to the follow on ready made milk (don't ask me why) and he loves it!! I must admit it taste very sweet like vanilla milkshake. So I'm thinking easy meal and cuddle with mummy vs sat in a boring cold high chair eating broccoli??? No brainier!

I've decided to not put him back on powder as that will be a bit cruel but to slowly introduce cows milk until all cows milk and wean him off the yummy sweet milk. Hopefully then he will find food more appealing than plain cows milk.

Offline Mrsb3

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 05:57:21 am »
I also want yo add that she is only snacking at 5pm because she isn't quite hungry still full from her last meal ( bottle)  and she knows she has another easy meal (bottle) coming an hour and half later!! Why bother eating??  My lo never drops his bottle as he prefers them to food, vanilla milkshake with cuddles I call them lol ) sometimes you have yo drop them for them and encourage good more. It I'd tough though I can tell you, every meal time is like a food fight at a buffet style restraint in my kitchen!   ::)

Offline Green007

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 13:22:07 pm »
That could have been me writing that! Thank you for that reply! Sometimes it's just nice to know others are going through similar things!! ;)