Author Topic: Not sure if we are on a 3, 3.5 or 4 hour EASY  (Read 818 times)

Offline jnduff

• Love being a mama
  • New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Not sure if we are on a 3, 3.5 or 4 hour EASY
« on: May 16, 2014, 18:48:01 pm »
My LO is 3 months and 1 week.  He is EBF and a good little eater.  However, he seems to be able to go a really long time between feeds.  However, just because he can...should he?  I know that at night he goes to bed around 7pm and sometimes eats a little and then he doesn't get up until 1:30ish or 3ish.  Typically he gets up at 6:15 everyday...on a good day he sleeps from 8-10 and 1-3.  So do I base his EASY on 4 hours?  He also goes to daycare so this is a good day but not always everyday. 

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Not sure if we are on a 3, 3.5 or 4 hour EASY
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 17:55:32 pm »
In a sense it doesn't really matter, not if you are happy with how things are :). It doesn't sound like he's having a lot of day sleep for his age, but if he's happy and you're happy that's fine.  Though you'd be more than welcome to post for routine advice if you want it.  If he only has one night feed between 7 and 6.15am, then there's no reason to think at present that he needs more feeds in the day.  I hadn't found EASY when DD was that age and she certainly went longer than 3h between feeds at times, but as it didn't result in increased NWs for feeds then I didn't see a problem with it. 

I would concentrate mainly on feeding when he wakes (so avoiding a feed to sleep habit), learning to recognise his tired cues and then putting him down for a sleep when he's ready.  If it happens to be 3h between feeds in the morning and 4h in the afternoon, then so be it :). If you run into issues with him waking more frequently for feeds at night, we'd be happy to help when and if you need us.