Author Topic: Dream Feed problem  (Read 1253 times)

Offline linghu84

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 17, 2014, 13:28:54 pm »
My boy is 11 weeks old now. He is not a good sleeper, especially naps. (wakes up after 30 min and needs rocking and props to extend his naps, but that's another issue). He can fall asleep better at night. Before started DF a week ago, my boy can sleep from 7:30 PM to usually around 11:30 then up at 3:00am and then 6:00am.

I started giving him a DF a week ago at 10:30pm (he falls asleep around 7:30pm) and I can manage to not wake him up and he usually takes a full feed of 4oz. For the first few of nights, he woke up at 2 am but didn't seem to be hungry so I used a pacifier to get him back to sleep. Then he woke up second time usually around 3:00 or 4:00, and this time a bit of hungry cry so I feed him and then he woke up around 6:00am. However, since two nights ago, he has been waking up earlier around 1:30am and would not settle until I feed him. And then he woke up again at 4:00am and then 5:30am.

So so far doing the DF has not really helped me to get more sleep. I was hoping he could woke around 3:00am and then 6. But lately it has gotten worse. Could this be due to a growth spurt? Not sure if anyone has experienced the same problem. When my friend did it with her babies, she would do DF at 10:30 and the babies would wake up at 3:00 and then 7:00. I am continuing doing it now and hopefully it will get better.

Any advices would be really appreciated.

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: Dream Feed problem
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 11:34:03 am »
Hi and welcome,

The dream feed doesn't always mean the baby will sleep longer at night and for some it is counterproductive so I would experiment another couple of nights but if it's not working, just let him sleep and wake on his own and feed him when he wakes naturally. I never did a DF with any of my girls.

Hth

20/06/2012 - my angel baby